• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New CentOS 7 ColdFusion install, ColdFusion tags not being recognized externally

Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I am haveing an issue with a new ColdFusion 2018 Enterprise edition, installed on a CentOS 7 web server with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28, not displaying ColdFusion tags at all when being access externally.  Internally on the web server, if I navigate using the 127.0.0.1:8500/Web-App-File-Path, all CF tags are displayed correctly.  I installed CF to use the built in web server which is what I'm thinking is the issue.  Do I need to setup ColdFusion to run on an external server, Apache, to get my web applications do run coldfusion tags externally?   I'm assuming since I already installed CF, I can run the Web Server Configuration tool to setup the external server?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing from your description that the web server configuration tool didn't work for your environment. When you run that tool, it's supposed to set up an Apache module that sends requests from Apache to ColdFusion. It sounds like that didn't happen. What output, if any, did you get from running the web server configuration tool?

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

During the installation, I was given the option to setup and use a ColdFusions built in web server, or setup an external one.  I chose to use the built in web server.  The installation finished succesfully, but I think that was the crucial step that I missed and didn't understand at the time.  Would It still be possible to access ColdFusion web sites internally without the web server configuration tool setup?   

Thanks,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's certainly possible. In fact, I do this quite often. You can run the web server configuration tool at any time after the install, and it will (or should) let you use an external web server in addition to the built-in web server. So, I'd go back to the web server configuration log and take a look at that. Also, make sure you ran the web server configuration tool as root, I forgot to mention that earlier.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation