• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new fonts not work in cfdocument pdf and cfreport ( CF2021 - linux )

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all, I'm having a problem with the implementation of new fonts to be used both in the cfdocument to create a pdf and in the cfreport. As you can see in the picture I downloaded the .ttf files and put them exactly in that path and put the correct path inside Font Management on the administrator cf . The folder exists and the path is right, I restarted CF but there is no way the fonts are displayed in both cfdocument and cfreport. Always use a default font, how can I fix this?

immagine post.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@[Projects]28660639tixy  Could you please let me know the update level of the ColdFusion?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

these are the setting of coldfusion 

Server ProductColdFusion 2021
Version2021,0,04,330004
EditionStandard  
Operating SystemUNIX  
OS Version5.15.0-1028-aws  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the operating system is linux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@[Projects]28660639tixy Please contact us at cf.install@adobe.com to investigate this issue further.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the problem resolved? If so, could you please share the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  Im having the same issue.  Did anyone resolve the problem?  Fonts looks different when I  create and print the PDF.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates.  Im having the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What update of cf2021 are you running? And are you also on Linux (like others here)? And is your issue with cfdocument, specifically?

And had you tried gherardo's solution below

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Working on applying gherardo's solution.   Problem is with cfdocument specifically.  the fonts are different.  Code creates the files in html and then through <cfdocument> converts to pdf.

The first attached file is 2016 version which is corrected.  The second file is after 2021 upgrade which is incorrect.   I sent just a portion of the file and what it looks like.   It is really a one page document that extends now to two pages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our server is  Ubuntu 22.04 and we have solved reading solution in this post:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion-discussions/cfreport-pdf-unable-to-find-registered-ttf-fon...

For us  the solution was quite simple just as creating a symbolic link 
ln -s /usr/share/fonts/ttf /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType

then, restarted Coldfusion Service and fonts were rendered the right way!
Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see that you are making the same mistake we did by uploading fonts trough the CF administrator interface... that did not work!
We solved this issue creating a symbolic link :
ln -s  /usr/share/fonts/ttf   /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType

Otherwise, try putting your fonts manually into the /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType directory and then restarting CF...
Our Ubuntu 22.04 with CF2021 worked both with cfdocument and cfreport...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm on a linux server.  We are in the cloud.  We have all the latest updates.  Issue is specific to cfdocoument.  The spacing in the document is different when I convert pdf.  I create the file in html first and it looks good.  Then when i take the file and do cfdocument pdf it's not correct.   

attached are before and after picture.  Changeafter2021 is not correct.   The second file is the 2016 version which is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you try the simlink offered by gherardo?

If you did not and would not, because instead you want Adobe t to acknowledge a bug and fix the problem in a subsequent update, this is not the best place for that. Instead, file a bug report at tracker.adobe.com.

Even then, please let us fellow users know if you would try gherardo's fix and if it works for you. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation