• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Install of CF2016 & IIS, but can't get any pages to display?

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turned up a new VM  for Windows 2016, installed ColdFusion 2016 Standard Trial, and set IIS as default web server.

• I created all my Datasources
  • I then copied my website called CRM to the inetpub directory
  • When I browse any page on the site, I get "Please Login using Simple authentication" with username & password boxes?

What is different with CF2016 that causes this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

jlig, I think you will find that this is not a CF2016 issue, by which I mean if you think CF2016 is causing the prompt, it seems it is not. That login screen seems clearly some custom code, not CF-generated.

Let me propose something that may help both prove this and perhaps identify where the problem lies.

In that directory, where the you are calling that crmlogin.cfm, create a new folder called test. In that folder, create a blank test.cfm page and a blank application.cfm. Then call that as youri

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used CF2016 (and plan on avoiding it for as long as I can), but did you remember to run the wsconfig after installing?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I ran wsconfig for iis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting an browser prompt or a web form? A browser prompt indicates that IIS permissions are not set to anonymous authentication.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the following browser prompt for all pages (in this example, my cf login form is not displaying):

Capture.GIFCapture2.GIF

Here is my IIS setting for authentication:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, that login image I posted above is what I'm getting on all my pages..

My actual login page (crmlogin.cfm) looks like this:

Capture3.GIF

I can't figure out why none of my pages are being loaded?

- From the server, the CF Admin page loads fine: http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

- Loads fine using this url: http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

- The test site loads fine: http://localhost/cfusion/learncfinaweek/www/index.html

I installed CF2016 with mostly defaults, but none of my .cfm pages will load?

ps: - I tested this same setup on a clean VM using CF9 and all of the pages load normally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case this means anything:

Capture4.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jlig, I think you will find that this is not a CF2016 issue, by which I mean if you think CF2016 is causing the prompt, it seems it is not. That login screen seems clearly some custom code, not CF-generated.

Let me propose something that may help both prove this and perhaps identify where the problem lies.

In that directory, where the you are calling that crmlogin.cfm, create a new folder called test. In that folder, create a blank test.cfm page and a blank application.cfm. Then call that as yourip/CRM/test/test.cfm. Do you get the prompt? If not, then clearly that prompt you saw was coming from SOME code. (Why? Because the blank application.cfm file stops CF from finding an application.cf* file in the CRM or higher folders, which means this test.cfm is now NOT executing that other application.cfm.)

Now, I appreciate that you may think that the login is NOT coming from any code of yours.

First, just consider the possibility that it MAY be there, and it may be that it appears because you’ve got code in there which has conditional logic that perhaps works one way if the domain name used is that for your site (as you may use on a server where things "work"), but it may work another way when you’ve used the IP address like you have, to run the site. (I’ve seen code like that cause confusion like this for years.)

Or back to the test.cfm example above, if that does NOT get the prompt, then again it’s got to be coming from SOME application.cfm or application.cfc, either in the CRM folder, or in its parent, or in its parent, all the way to the root of the drive where this code lives. (And catch that last point: it COULD be possible that you have no application.cf* file in the CRM folder, or the root folder for the site, and perhaps it’s ending up finding one ABOVE THAT, that perhaps you did not create. And CF10 added an ability in the CF Admin to tell that search to STOP at the webroot, if that interested you or anyone reading this.)

Let us know what the test shows.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie, you are the new (& last?) CF Jedi Master...!

• I created the test folder & files and the test.cfm page displayed correctly! (You were right)
  • So now I'm planning to port over my old CF9 app(s) to CF2016
  • But I'm wanting to upgrade my old login pages with a newer, more secure solution?

I'd like to go with a solution that uses Active Directory on our domain.

- In the past I've had issues getting all of the cfldap attributes to work with our domain

- Can I use CF to authenticate a user when CF2016 is on one server, and the AD is on another server?

Outside of AD, are there any good solutions for CF2016 applications?

- ColdFusion Login Wizard in DW?

- Is there a login wizard in CF Builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation