• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

parse .htm with coldfusion 2016?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just switched over to coldfusion 2016 on windows 2012 with IIS 8 and can't get the server to process .htm pages as .cfm. Just like in previous versions, I have added the following to the web.xml file with no success.

<servlet-mapping id="coldfusion_mapping_

<servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.htm/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping id="coldfusion_mapping_89">

<servlet-name>CfmServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

This worked fine for coldfusion 9 and 10, but I can't find any documentation or posts with a solution for 2016. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abmusashi, you can do it, but the steps are indeed different from CF10-forward, You need to edit the uriworkermap.properties file for your web connnector(s). See a post I did with more on the topic in general, and a pointer to another post with more details on the differences in CF10:

Setting up ColdFusion to process html or other file extensions - Charlie Arehart's ColdFusion Troubl...

Let us know if this resolves things for you.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this Charlie. I actually saw this earlier this morning and

couldn't get any of it to work. Including the uriworkermap.properties. Had

no luck with that either. I've done it in 8, 9 and 10 before, but for some

reason I can't find any straight forward process for this.

Is there something in IIS that I need to update regarding handler mapping?

I've never had to do that in previous versions.

Tony B.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM, charlie@carehart.org <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

yes, that was it. You also have to 'Add Module Mapping' using the

isapiModule. You might also put that into your post as well as it seems

that the uriworkermap.properties file is all that is mentioned. Good job

for putting that all together. It's always a real help to find at least

some info.

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABMUSASH\,

I have been working to get a new install of CF2016 working over MS Server 2016.  Like everyone else, my older installs used the mappings discussed at the top and in all the Blogs Charlie has referenced over the years.  I am not familiar with your comment' "'Add Module Mapping".

Can you explain this step for me, please?    It may be the last step for my setup to work.  Right now, none of my data side pages will work and no feedback from Adobe, at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Halbob, I have to admit I don't know what step he was referring to, either. In IIS 7 and above there are "isapi filters" and "handler mappings", both of which are modified by the "web server configuration tool" (wsconfig) in CF10 and above. And there are "modules" in IIS 7 also, but those are not modified by the CF wsconfig tool.

So when he refers to ":isapi modules", I'm not sure what he means.

Now, the "handler mappings" are indeed modified by the wsconfig tools to add one for .cfm (and related files) file, so maybe he meant to say that you need to add a .htm file reference to point to the same CF-based isapi_redirect.dll (that the wsconfig tool puts in place for .cfm files).

But I will note that Michael Sprague's 2012 post doesn't indicate a need for that. His post was written for the CF10 timeframe. Mine was from the year before, so was for the CF9 era, where things were indeed quite different.

I will note that still more confusion can arise (when people try to do this for CF10 and above) in that a) you can configure these things at the IIS server or site level, and you need to know which to do for your needs. And b) if one runs that wsconfig tool more than once, they end up with a new "connector"  (a new folder under the coldfusionXX\config\wsconfig folder, with important files configured to map CF and the web server together), and it may be critical to be sure to point to the correct one.

This is one of those things where there are SO many variables that it can be hard to document it all. Sometimes it just makes more sense (if you NEED this done) to hire someone who can "look over your shoulder" at your server, remotely, to figure out what's keeping things from working. I do such consulting, and I also point to others who do, at cf411.con/cfconsult. Or one can find more about my services (rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, and more) at carehart.org/consulting.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation