Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems downloading coldfusion developer edition

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I was not able to download colfusion developer edition from this link after click "ColdFusion (2018 release) - Developer Edition (Free) " it redirects to this page after fill all the information  it redirects to this page but I can't see a link to download the installer.

Thanks,

Regards.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does happen to some people sometime--but does not happen to everyone all the time.

Can you try first any other browser than whatever you used?

And/or can you try using your browser's "incognito" window feature (if Chrome or equivalent), or "private" window (for FF and IE and others)? That should cause the browser to not send any cookies that you may already have for the sites in question (and others they reach out to, for getting the actual download)?

It could even be that that last page tries to reach out to some domain which your browser or network blocks. In fact, I just confirmed that it does: when you click that final "download" button (after filling out the form), I find it gets the file from here, in the case of the windows 64 bit installer:

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CSTD/13/win64/ColdFusion_2018_WWEJ_win64.exe

Now, you won't be able to click that link and have it work. You need to be both logged in and have passed in the answers to that form (which is a shame, I admit). Anyway, my point in sharing it is to say to make sure that you are able to get to ANY domain at adobe.com, as it may well change even from trials3 to some other number.

Finally, I will confirm that for me to get that info, I did have to fill out the form, etc. And in my first attempt on Chrome and FF, it did not work (like you describe), but then when I opened a New Private Window in FF, then it DID work.

Again, frustrating. We can wish they would put the link to the file on that page, so that one could easily get it even after filling out the form, and while still on that page. Or better, let people not have to fill in the form. (And given that we have to agree to the license agreement upon installation, it seems even less critical.)

But it's their site, their rules. Sadly, this is life with Enterprise software--which does not suit those just wanting to try it out, or use it for development. 

I will note that there is also the site, http://www.cfmlrepo.com/, which is contributed to by trusted members of the CF community. Not everyone will be willing to trust it (and we who contribute to it), but it's an option, for getting the CF and related installers about any version of CF, if somehow the above suggestions don't work.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation