• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unable to load library" with custom tag

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get the Cold Fusion 11 custom tag example for directory lists to work.

It compiles in Visual Studio 2013 Community [Release, x64].

But when I try to run it on my server [Windows 2008 R2 64 bit], I get "Unable to load library"

I have other tags in the same subdirectory that work so I don't THINK I have a permissions issue - but I'm not POSITIVE here.

Since it's one of Adobe's examples I don't think I have a C++ issue.

The logs aren't helpful - they tell me the library didn't load but they don't say WHY.

What's my next step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the document you are referencing. I'm guessing it's pretty old and is using CF5 or earlier. Since MX (CF7), I have not been successful integrating DLL's with CF and instead had to resort to either writing DLL like stuff in JAVA or writing a service app that integrates via a web service call using CFHTTP. Hopefully you understand my short-hand here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but somehow I just don't think so.

1] The code examples ship with CF11. If they weren't going to support C++ CFX tags in CF11, they could have just excluded the samples.

2} It's covered on page 408 of the CF11 doc. Again, if it was deprecated it wouldn't be in the docs.

This is only step 1 in me moving a working, 32bit, CF7 CFX tag to CF11. I don't need the directory list tag but if I can't even get that to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like I stated, I did not have any success and I worked on it for several days. If you find a solution and get it working, I would love to know how you did it. Please post your finding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation