• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Really need reliable Coldfusion hosting!! MySql driven

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2009 Jul 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a social media database driven web site coded in Coldfusion completely backed by a MySQL database. Using Godaddy currently which is pretty much laughable. Just used it for launch, but it can barely hold 1 user loading basic queries. I get Jrun disconnection constantly.

I really need this site to be reliable because business happens here and everything is based on database connections.

I really need it to withstand the pressure of mutliple users and running queries.

Anyone have reliable fast hosting at reasonable prices. By reliable I mean fast. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if they provide MySQL, but CFDynamics.com is okay.  Not fantastic, they used to be better, but they should do.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the past, I've had excellent experiences with both HostMySite (www.hostmysite.com) and GearHost (www.gearhost.com). For the applications I deployed onto GearHost servers, they ran MS SQL (2005), so I'm not fully up on their MySQL support. However, I ran my HostMySite applications with a MySQL 5 DB (CF8 server) with few issues and, when an issue arose, they had very good support response time (and good support).

If you're feeling somewhat adventurous, you can look into using Railo 3.1 (CF8 compatible CFML engine that's open-source & free). It can lower your cost of hosting considerably because you're not paying a hosting company for the CF8 license. Check www.getrailo.org and www.getrailo.com for more (the .com and .org sites do have different content).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation