• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommend coldfusion 12 for production environment?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll make a migration but I find myself coldfusion indesiso between 11 and 12

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you and depends what features you need and if your environment allows you to install the latest version (I know some organizations prefer to stay one version behind, such as many government agencies).

From the latest information I had received, you can only purchase CF 2016 (CF 12) at this time.  To downgrade you must purchase CF 2016 via the Adobe Volume Licensing Program.  It appears that you can purchase a single license for downgrade through the volume license program as per a comment by Elishia on this blog post: http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/adobe-coldfusion-backward-licensing

"No, a single license can be backward licensed if it is purchased through our volume programs. If it is purchased from the online shopping cart it wouldn't qualify. Please feel free to email us if you need to discuss the possible scenarios."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nic_tunney wrote:

(I know some organizations prefer to stay one version behind, such as many government agencies).

I wouldn't say "prefer" to stay one version behind.  Quite often, it takes forever to get anything through testbed.  And to complicate matters, once something has passed testbed there are usually about 5-7 updates that have been released since the software started testbed, and they want you to patch it and re-submit for testing.  GRRRRRR!!!

And if Adobe has stopped issuing licenses for CF11, I would not be one bit surprised.  Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!!!

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll chime in too - there are dozens of issues (including some regressions) that are slated to be fixed with the as-yet-unreleased first update for ColdFusion 2016, with at least 120 issues still "open".  At least until then, you might consider holding off on trying to deploying a production application to ColdFusion 2016.  But as Nic said, if your application doesn't use any of the features touched by these issues, you may be okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation