• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requests Limit in Access

Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if the amount of requests Access can handle at one time is 10 or not? Since Thurs., our web site has been crashing a lot and we think it might be from the amount of traffic we're getting and Access can't keep up, or that Access is limited to only 10 requests at a time. Is there a way to change this limit?

We have 3 Access databases we're using with Cold Fusion. We're thinking that all the requests are adding up and Access just can't handle everything at once. Everyone within our company uses 2 of the databases and the 3rd one is our web site. Search engines seem to keep making requests to our web site all day long. When you add up all these requests, it's probably over 10 for sure at a time.

Has anyone experienced this before? We've been told to switch over to SQL instead of Access. Hopefully this would solve everything and the server wouldn't crash anymore.

When I created my last database called, ECO Register, I remember creating it in Access 2007 and I saved it as .accdb extension, but I could not get connected to it in the Cold Fusion Administrator, so I made it .mdb instead. If our Access databases were the newer version, could that maybe handle more requests at one time? Or do we have to install a newer driver for Access on Cold Fusion to handle more requests? I did see in the Adminstrator page there is a Microsoft Access driver type and a Microsoft Access with Unicode driver type option. What are the differences? I see that we have an SQL driver type in the Administrator page. Do we have to do a lot of set up to make that work? Or do I just connect my Access database to that SQL driver and then update the pages to use SQL?

If anyone could help me out, that would be great. Thanks.

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

our web site

Access

There's your problem. Access is not for websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been told to switch over to SQL instead of Access.

You should. Microsoft itself says Access is not designed for server use.  Web applications are multi threaded. So when you incorportate a desktop application (which is not designed to handle concurrent users) weird things can start to happen. You should upgrade to SQL Server which is designed for use on servers. Not to mention it is much more powerful.

Or do I just connect my Access database to that SQL driver and then update the pages to use SQL?

No, you need to migrate your Access database to SQL Server first. If you do a search there are plenty of Access to SQL Server migration guides.

Message was edited by: -==cfSearching==-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for your replies. We're in the process of switching everything to SQL right now. Hopefully this works!

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One important note, unlike Access, SQL Server supports the execution of multiple sql statements within a cfquery. Be sure to review your code and make sure all queries use cfqueryparam (with user supplied values) so the site does not fall victim to sql injection attacks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still on CF8. Didnt I hear that CF9 and above dont even support Access?

I used to think Access was awesome... until I used something other than Access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not seriously used it in years. But it works on a CF9 32bit dev box. Though I recall reading about issues with the 64bit versions as well later versions of Access (ie 2010+). I am not sure about CF10.

I used to think Access was awesome... until I used something other than Access...

Lol, exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation