• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RHEL, CF 2021 and SQL Server

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an instance of CF2021 running on RHEL.  Our database is SQL Server 2019 running on Windows Server 2019.  We are trying to establish a database connection through the CF Admin to said database but keep getting a timeout error.  The server is not running on port 1433 (it is using another port) and has DOD and Entrust certs.  Do I need to export those certs and import them into the CF JVM to establish that "handshake"?  Or, would I be better off just running CF on Windows?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an instance of CF2021 running on RHEL.  Our database is SQL Server 2019 running on Windows Server 2019.  We are trying to establish a database connection through the CF Admin to said database but keep getting a timeout error.  The server is not running on port 1433 (it is using another port) and has DOD and Entrust certs.  Do I need to export those certs and import them into the CF JVM to establish that "handshake"?  

By @johne12650800

Yes, I think you should import the certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I don't think a timed out connection is an indication of needing a cert. Instead, John, I'd suspect your sql server is not configured to allow a connection from your cf machine. And if that's not it, I'd propose still other possibilities. 

First, from your cf machine, what happens if you simply ping or tracert the ip/machine/domain name of the db server? It may be that you need to open a firewall hole from the db server for the cf server to be able to reach it and its port.

Even if it can (or you fix it so you can), you could next hit issues because sql server is not configured by default to support tcp/ip connections (but you say it's set to use a port other than 1443, so perhaps someone took care of that matter already). 

Next you may hit that sql server is not configured to support a sql login (vs its default of windows authentication). That's easily changed using ssms or a command. 

Something that can help (when dealing with any such problems) is to put at least the sql server CLI tool on the cf machine (yes, there's an implementation for Linux), or ssms, or any db browsing tool. Then confirm if  an any of THOSE can connect. This allows you to focus on whether any problem is about cf or not

Hope that's helpful. There can be still other things you'd hit and solutions for them, but maybe my first one above is all you needed. 

(Sorry to only respond now, after BKBK did today. It's that I get emails when people create or reply to threads here. I'd missed your first message, but saw his reply this morning.) 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation