• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange issues with ColdFusion:

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having problems with our ColdFusion 11 with update 5  web server completely resolving files with .cfm.

The website will display the file "index.cfm" as expected.

http://webserver.com/users/dosowski/

This website gives a 404 error:

http://webserver.com/users/dosowski/index.cfm

Along with that we are trying to install update 6 with the ColdFusion Administrator and when we click on the install button nothing happens.

Any one else have these problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Douglas, I would expect that something is messed up about your web server configuration. Are you using IIS or Apache?

Either way, getting it working may end up being one thing, but finding that one thing is not likely something that could be done easily over email, as there are just too many things to check. (Someone else may feel otherwise and be game to engage Douglas in a lengthy back and forth to get there.)

I’ll just share that if it’s something you want to solve more quickly, it’s the kind of thing that some folks (myself included) can help you resolve on a consulting basis, via a remote screensharing session. (No need to grant remote access, open a firewall hole, etc.) If you’re interested, I list such folks at cf411.com/cfconsult. I myself would propose we should be able to resolve this (as well as get the admin working for you again) in less than an hour, and I have a satisfaction guarantee, so you won’t pay for time you don’t find valuable.

I apologize to anyone who would feel this is “just a sales pitch”. I try to offer free help on these forums and other places when I can, but some problems are just tougher to solve via lots of back and forth then just to have a quick session “looking over someone’s shoulder”. It’s their call whether that’s worth the price of such a session. But again I don’t begrudge if someone wants to have a lot of back and forth to try to solve it with Douglas. (Since I’ve already got others I’m helping, and also finalizing two talks at CF Summit next week, I just don’t want to commit to being able to participate in a drawn out forum thread myself.)

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True could be a number of reasons for problems. External assist might be money well spent with prompt outcome.

Perhaps worth a try to remove then add CF to webserver connector with WSCONFIG tool. Be mindful if you have customised tomcat settings in properties files to restore after connector reconfigure.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation