Exit

Target specific OU with CFldap

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

question about the start parameter in the cfldap command- 

I am trying to work with our developers to automate the onboarding process; we want our intranet site based in CF to read from specific ou to create users in the intranet app

They seem to be having a hard time.

Questions:

1) Is this possible?

2)can someone possibly provide an example if the OU I want is three levels down the tree:

mycompany.com/Offices/Domain Users/New Hires

(note the spaces in the names)

the google say it is possible, but more times than not I see examples of people only using the dc portion of the name (dc-mycompany, dc=.com)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the cfldap code you currently have? That will speed up the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see the attached image - they only it to the root of the ad - start="dc=mycompany,DC=COM"

the code isn't going to help - they told me they tried - but I myself haven't seen the attempt  to set a specific our

disregard the marrow arrow (that was for something else) 

If I give this as an example is this the correct syntax or can CFLDAP only scan the whole AD.

start="ou=New Hires,ou=Domain Users,ou=offices,dc=mycompany dc=com"

The point is to lock this process down to the  newuser OU  as part of a bigger onboard workflow that involves sweeping out that ou when other actions are performed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start="ou=New Hires,ou=Domain Users,ou=offices,dc=mycompany dc=com"

By @Pete220652393l9r

There is a problem here with the domain components (DC) section. In LDAP, each domain component must be separated by a comma. The correct format is therefore to use a comma to separate dc=mycompany and dc=com, like this:

start="ou=New Hires,ou=Domain Users,ou=offices,dc=mycompany,dc=com"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tks everyone  - we seem to have gotten the results we were expecting - 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your update, but what was the solution for you? Knowing that might help future readers finding this discussion. And if it was BKBK's reply that helped, marking that as "the answer" could suffice. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation