• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This site can’t be reached 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CF2016 Developer with the internal web server on Windows 10 server. After installation, I attempt to open the administrator app with this code http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm and receive this message:

This site can’t be reached

127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "ColdFusion 2016 Application Server" service running (assuming you chose to run as service during installation)?  If you didn't install as a service, have you run "cfstart.bat"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app server will not start. It begins to start and throws an error

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to start the server from services and via the bat file. It begins to start and then fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but when you start via cfstart, it should show onscreen any error.  You say above it "throws an error". What is it? If you shared it as an image, can you share it as plain text?

And are you confirming there's no coldfusion.exe  listed as running in task mgt? If there is one, then it HAS started.

The question then would be what port ita listening on if not the 8500 you tried. You can see that in the windows "resource monitor" (type that in the start menu), then in its network tab, On that, see its "listening ports"  section, which is sorted by port. Is cf shown there listening on 8500?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF service is stopped

and no there is no coldfusion.exe shown in task mgmt

When I ran cfstart.bat from the cmd line, I get this message

error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for 1048576 kb object heap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Sounds like your box is low on enough free memory to start cf. Have you checked that,  in the performance tab of task manager? You need about 1g free, from that message.

And you could go into cf's jvm.config (in its cfusion/bin folder) and lower the xmx and xms values and try starting CF then. It can run in as little as a few hundred meg.

[I had replied to John at about the same time he wrote his last reply. His shows up first here. And I then edited this reply because I saw my phone made a typo converting CF to CD. When I changed that, I see now that this post gets changed to have an update of today, the 23rd, which is 2 days later. I wanted to add this clarification so it didn't seem like I was responding to John now 2 days after he wrote his last reply. Again, we wrote our responses at about the same time on the 21st. Anyway, glad you solved it, John.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked back to an earlier post I made and discovered the same problem there. Heap size requested was too large. I reduced its size requirement in JVM.Config and it allowed the server to start and I can now access the admin.cfm

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.  I'm an old-timey CF programmer and built many CF projects, usually linked to MS SQL.  I had CF2021 running on my Windows10 computer, and it was working fine.  But when my system did an update on Windows10, it broke the Cold Fusion server system and I get this same error every time.  I have to figure this out and get it fixed. .   Maybe something in the registry got broken (?)

schuman_1-1657819650694.png

I'm not an expert.  I user pretty simple methods, but I definitely need som help (!)

Yes, Cold Fusion is running (started)

But every time I click the home page for any cold fusion project on my 127.0.0.1 local host server, oit fails with the same "refused to connect" error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do need to fix this problem.  I'm going to try sending an email to Charlie Arehart.  I'm in a little over my head here.  Thanks!   - Bruce Schuman, Santa Barbara CA http://origin.org

http://sharedpurpose.net    http://upland.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know when did this issue started occurring, i.e have you applied latest update for Coldfusion 2021 after which this issue started occurring.

Did you try starting ColdFusion 2021 instance through command prompt using cfstart.bat command , Please start the instance and share the output of the command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ravi Shankar --   I don't actually know how to start Cold Fusion other than by starting my computer, or going to "services" and making sure it says it is "running", which it is.

How can I start Cold Fusion with the cfstart.bat command?     Just put that command at the top of a cold fusion page and load it through the server?  I'll try that.  Thanks so much.  I have to stick with this until I get oit fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open command prompt as admin, navigate to cfusion/bin and run the cfstart.bat command

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be so amateurish here.  I think I need this spelled out a little bit more.  It's been a lot of years since I navigated insidede the command prompt.  let's see what i remember

assuming i can navigate to the

how would i run the commend you suggrest?  simply by typing >

>cfstart.bat

If I work on this, I can probably figure out the navigation to the right location.  But what is the exact text of the command?

https://www.codecademy.com/learn/learn-the-command-line/modules/learn-the-command-line-navigation/ch...

cd

?????

>cfstart.bat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open command prompt, navigate to C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\bin and run the command 

ravishankarc50053919_0-1657831317233.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks so much, sorry to be so slow, it's probably been 15 years since I did this and my brain might have a few dents.

I did get to the right directory, and found the cfstart.bat command, which i clicked.  My "services" shows ColdFusion 2021 application server as "running" -- but it still returns the same error "refused to connect".  

this alone does not seem to have a difference.  my "services" listing shows  cfusion2021 application server as "running"

However -- I have not run the series of CF updates since I did this.  Maybe I should do that first?   Thanks so much for the help!

I wish I could demo all of this someplace that cold be shared.  I'll see if I can get the updates installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to completely remove and un-install CF 2021 and reinstall.  I think there is something broken in the regisry, or sometehing like that/  If I understood this better, I might be able to fix the problem by editing the registry, or some ot ther related framework.  Any help much appreciated!

thanks

!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very cool.  No,you are right, I did not get my email to yuo written yet.  But I will do it right now, then remove and reinstall CF2021

Thank you so much for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, thanks for the vote of confidence, but first I've not gotten any email yet (but am happy to help via consulting that way, looking into things remotely with you).

But second do see Ravi's reply to you, as that's where I'd start with you.

In fact, please read also my replies above to John's original post, where I said the same and more in 2018.

Your root cause problem may or may not be found to be the SAME as John's (which was about memory), but the diagnostic steps will help us find your problem.

BTW, it would not be BECAUSE of a Windows update that CF would fail to start (it's not really "broken"). A possibility is that perhaps you rarely restart cf and Windows, such that when the box restarted so did cf, for perhaps the first time in weeks or months. In that case, you could have made a change to cf in days or weeks past which is only now taking effect.

Again, start with Ravi's suggestion, then my others above, and let us know what you find. We will be able to solve this. No need to reinstall cf or anything drastic. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schuman_0-1657833484235.png

This is my resource

schuman_1-1657833635600.png

I hope this image is readable.

monitor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, PLEASE read things more carefully. No, those images don't help. I said (in the comment above from 2018) that in that resource monitor one should look at 'its network tab, On that, see its "listening ports" section, which is sorted by port. Is cf shown there listening on 8500?', or in your case 8501 since that's what you show trying to load in the url.

And as important, PLEASE follow Ravi's suggestion to run cfstart, as I'd also suggested above.

Or I had emailed you directly to meet, if you want to knock this out more quickly than all this back and forth. Happy to help, either way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you emailed me while I was writing this.. Will call you now, to hopefully sort this out quickly for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, thanks very much!   Charlie Arehart did connect with me, and we got into screen sharing on a zoom call. and he quickly diagnosed  my issue - which mostly involved getting the port listed correctly in the url.  Charlie is quick, personable, and accurate.  We made a few changes in my system, and changed my Chrome home page, setting up a DSN  (datasource) or two along the way..  It looks to me like this is the permanent correct solution to the problem I was having, and comorrow I need to go back over a few things, like my of datasources, and get all of them defined in a stable clearcut way.  There didn't seem to be any "memory" issues, and so far, this repair has survived a number of re-starts and remained stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the listining port of Coldfusion instance in server.xml , it will be located in "C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\runtime\conf" check whether it is running on 8500 or 8501.

If it is seen as running in Services, stop the Coldfusion 2021 Application Server service from Services, and try starting it from the command prompt using cfstart.bat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi and everyone, I got him sorted. It is indeed what we were driving at: he should have been using 8500 rather than 8501. He did have links (in his browser and code) to 8501, so it was indeed using it before.

As for why it changed (or how he could change it back), he was ok to just get on with the work he had to do. So we can consider this case-closed.

Hope others who may find this in the future will find value in the tips we had offered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation