• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble downloading ColdFusion 11 trial - Akamai fatal error: access denied

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble downloading the trial/developer edition of CF 11. I'm using IE 11 on a 'company' laptop on which I have temporary admin access. Yesterday I followed some instructions on the download help (setting compatibility for adobe.com) and managed to get the Akamai downloader installed. I got a prompt asking where to download to (the CF download) but when it started to download after a moment I got a message in the Akamai downloader "The Akamai Download Manager has encountered an fatal error: Access denied". There is a link "To download the files directly click here file 1 of 1" but that doesn't seem to do anything (in fact if I right click it and open in new window it just gives me the same Akamai downloader with the fatal error message).

Trying again today I do not get a prompt for where to download the file to, just the "fatal error" message in Akamai. And I've tried the direct link again with no success. Tried everything several times over.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention it's the English Windows 32 bit version I'm trying to download if that makes any difference.

I've also just noticed that the 'direct download' link when opened in another window or tab very briefly (half a second) shows something else before the fatal error message. Managed to capture a screen shot and it says "ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_win.exe (file 1 of 1)" with a grey bar and || (pause button?) and under that it says "Waiting..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting exactly the same problem on the Windows 64 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send an email to cf.install@adobe.com. We will send you alternative donwload options.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe _should_ just kick the Akamai download manager (and everything else Akamai) to the curb and offer the download via HTTP or FTP without any interference.

The Akamai d/l manager (from what I've read in these forums) does NOT work on Linux systems, forcing users to jump through some really ridiculous hoops to get CF installed on, say, an Ubuntu server.

But pleas for killing it fall on deaf ears, at Adobe.  It seems like 99% of all complaints are either not heard or ignored.  Adobe kind of subscribes to a Micro$oft attitude - the user will love what we make them deal with, or they will love it.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation