• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to update ColdFusion 10

Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows Server 2008, when I click the "Check for Updates" button, it says "No updates were found" but I know that the latest update for ColdFusion 10 is update 18 and mine only has Update 9 installed. The following is the path to checking for updates. So, why is it not able to find the updates? Is there a way to download them manually and install them?

ColdFusion Server Updates

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the Mandatory CF10 Update?  If not, you need to.  This _may_ be preventing the other updates from being applied.

HTH,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was able to download Update 16 manually from that link but it's still unable to check for any new updates. This server was installed by someone else so I'm not sure if the mandatory was installed or not but I would assumed that it is now that I successfully installed Update 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check if you have correct "Site URL" for Update site -- https://www.adobe.com/go/coldfusion-updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstood WolfShade‌ above.  You have to make sure the mandatory update is installed to get newer updates - manually installing later updates will not fix the problem with seeing newer updates.

The link he provided takes you to a page where you can find this download link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/coldfusion/10/cf10_mdt_updt.jar.  You would need to install this JAR file to update the updater (I know, that's kinda meta ).  Once you have it downloaded, follow the instructions here: Adobe ColdFusion 10 * Download hot fix for later installation‌.  Once this is installed and ColdFusion Server is restarted (this should happen automatically), the updates page should show the newer updates (including update 18).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And one more piece of important information to add to what Carl Von Stetten‌ stated:  You _MUST_ be logged on to the computer/server as an admin in order to run it.  Not the CF Admin - the workstation/server admin.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation