• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade Coldfusion 11 to Coldfusion 2016 Migration Wizard login fails

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion 2016 install completes with the expected one non-fatal error (wsconfig connector). Once I fix that, I can open the Migration Wizard login page (http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm), but password fails repeatedly. I've tried running passwordreset.bat and restarting the services, to no avail. I've done this exact upgrade on 3 different servers with zero issues, but this one is making me bang my head against the desk.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Connector , Documentation , Getting started , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious: is this on a Windows machine, using Internet Explorer? If so, try adding the domain of the URL you're using (even if it's localhost or 127.0.0.1) to the list of "trusted sites" in IE?  If you do that, then refresh the login page (so that it loads any javascript that may have been blocked), can you now login successfully?

If you cannot login, might you be able to try to use a different browser (even on the server, if that's where you're trying to login)?

And if you can't do that, then in IE you could try to use its Developer Tools feature (accessed via the function key F12), and look at its "network" tab, and enable that (hit the "play" icon/button) and watch the communications between the browser and the server, to see if any get a 404.

(And if you are using a browser other than IE when this login failure is happening, you may know that other browsers also offer such a "developer tools" feature, and it may be useful to check out the network tab and the request status codes there as well.)

Let us know if any of this helps.

(BTW, do beware that you should strive to get off of CF2016 as soon as you can. It got its last updates in March of this year. Now that CF2018 and 2021 got updates this month, there are security fixes in those which will NOT be rolled back to CF2016.) 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response! I tried adding it to the trusted sites, same issue. Did not think to try the developer tools, unfortunately that idea slipped my mind. Will do so in the morning when I'm able to play around. 

Thanks for the warning too. We're working on what to do beyond CF 2016. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressed play on network in developer tools, after I entered the password and pressed login:

'cfadminpassword' is undefined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i'm getting this error instead "'hex_sha1' is undefined"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a trick I once thought of. You could use it to try to login to the ColdFusion Administrator, from outside the Administrator.

Save the following code as the file loginCFAdmin.cfm in the web root. That is in /cfusion/wwwroot/

<cfset pc = GetPageContext()>

<cfset pc.setAttribute("cfadminPassword","Enter_your_cfadmin_password_here")>
<cfset pc.setAttribute("requestedURL","/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm")>
<cfset pc.setAttribute("submit","Login")>

<cfset pc.forward("http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/enter.cfm")>

Launch in the browser the page http://127.0.0.1:8500/loginCFAdmin.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That error (if exactly that) is something that a Google search finds only here, which would suggest it's a problem rather unique to you (that only one of the many machines you tried). 

I'll say this: assuming bkbk's idea doesn't work for you, there could be many possible explanations for what's amiss, and many places to look to diagnose it--too many to list, and each may point us in another direction.

I suspect that instead we might solve this in as little as 15 mins in a screenshare session. If that may interest you, I offer my rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, and more on the consulting page at carehart.org.

Or we can keep trying here, or let us know if bkbk's idea worked for you. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation