Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade question

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curring running cf 2021, lockdown tool and performance monitoring

I now want to upgrade to 2023 and keep all my settings and it looks a bit scary. Can anyone recommend the best path forward?

Do I need to uninstall the 2021 lockdown and pef mon tools as there are 2023 versions of them? will they update along with the core cf install/

And what about migrating all settings? They show multiple ways so just trying to figure out what works the best. I figure they would give you the option to just migrate everything from the old. 

Any advice in advance would be great. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really don't know what happens if you try to upgrade the lockdown tool and performance monitor. So, my natural inclination is to keep things simple. Of course, there may be better solutions out there. I hope someone offers them! My solution is pretty labor-intensive.

Can you stand up a new server that doesn't have CF deployed yet, then do a clean install of CF 2023 on it?

Can you create separate CAR files for the server settings and each application, then deploy them on the new server?

Can you document your current settings for the lockdown tool and performance monitor, then implement them on the new server? Document all these things in a runbook for next time, if you have to rebuild a server again.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation