Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable undefined after latest patch for CF11

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

We recently applied the most recent patch for CF11, and now we are being flooded with alert emails that a variable named "qRead" is undefined.

This is happening in a CFC function that gets distinct years from a database for news articles.

<cffunction name=icleYears" output="false" access="public" returntype="Query" >
     <cfset qRead = "" />
          <cfquery name="qRead" datasource="news_2016" cachedwithin="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,10,0)#">
               SELECT
                    DISTINCT TO_CHAR(TDATE,'YYYY') articleYears
               FROM
                    pa_news
               ORDER BY articleYears DESC
          </cfquery>
          <cfreturn qRead>
     </cffunction>

Whenever this function is accessed, a vague error message appears to the user, and an email is generated basically stating that "qRead is undefined".

We just rolled back the patch, and everything works fine.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will and bk, did you guys kiss that I had shared this same link and fix info here yesterday?

Sorry for seeming thick.. huh?

Note how gigi here had confirmed it worked for them. Hope it proves to work for you, Wolf

Much appreciated.  Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to acquire the hotfix, as every (so far) method of getting it is blocked by network admins (cannot access any file repos as they are a security issue, and it cannot be emailed to me as anything that is not a plain text file is blocked by email servers.)

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  wrote

Will and bk, did you guys kiss that I had shared this same link and fix info here yesterday?

Sorry for seeming thick.. huh?

The "k" is right above the "m" on the qwerty keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH, thank you.  Makes sense, now. 

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might help you get around your firewall issue. If you have access to a computer on an untrusted network that can download the hotfix, you can convert it to Base64 and send that to yourself either through email, an external web page if you can reach those, etc. It's a pretty easy trick I used to do all the time. I had a client once where I had to compile DLLs locally, transfer them as Base64, then I would transfer them back to binary using a local script. Annoying, but effective.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a great idea.  But if I get caught doing that, I could lose my security clearance (bypassing network security is a serious offense, 'round here.)  No clearance, no job. 

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I wouldn't do it without permission.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All,

I am happy to report that as of the most recent update (I believe u19?) this issue has finally been fixed.  At least according to our SA, anyway.  We are no longer experiencing the error emails, and everything related appears to be running fine.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just requested a copy of the fix from Adobe. Will post back how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

After installing the hotfix for CF-4204066, the missing variable problems related to cfquery and cachedWithin seem to be gone. I am no longer seeing those error messages and the queries appear to be functioning as they should.

Before installing the hotfix I reverted my development system to the way it was just after CF11 u18 (in other words I undid all of the fun little tweaks I had done to make things work). This meant my other problems returned (neither cfhtmltopdf nor cffeed would run without errors), but, as mentioned, caching queries in a sandboxed environment seems to once again be working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation