Exit

Visual Code debugging not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I installed  ColdFusion Builder Extension for Visual Studio Code

Followed all the steps enabled RDS and enabled debugging in CF Admin.

Created workspace and Project.

When I run and debug the application code is going throught the debugging process, the variable are showing as blank in watch window

What could be the issue

Madan37879646881d_0-1717675986976.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are the screenshots for the CF Server settings in vs code

GlenMaxwell_0-1717676389284.png

GlenMaxwell_1-1717676442727.pngGlenMaxwell_2-1717676455566.pngGlenMaxwell_3-1717676473175.pngGlenMaxwell_4-1717676495017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve this problem? If not, here is a suggestion, to start with:

1.  Verify that the setting "Document Root" has the value "C:\ColdFusion2023\cfusion\wwwroot";
  2.  Verify that the project directory, testproject, is inside C:\ColdFusion2023\cfusion\wwwroot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BKBK!

I am also struggling to make debugging in Visual Studio Code work at the moment.

Up to now we have been using Coldfusion Builder 2018 but as End of Life for this tool comes near I wanted to test the alternative and I really like developing in Visual Studio Code and the Coldfusion Builder extesion.
But like Glen I did not get the debugger working.

So here is my question: Is it really mandatory to have the project inside the coldfusion wwwroot directory? In Coldfusion builder it was possible to specify another document root and we have this kind of setup on all our severs (including the local development servers on our laptops we (my team and I) use for debugging).

In Coldfusion Builder 2018 it also was possible to specify a start page which is being activated when the debugging is started, I could not find this setting in the Coldfusion Builder extension.

I develop on a local server with Coldfusion 2021 and IIS.

When I start debugging I get the message "Debugger Stopped" which is not very helpful, and nothing happens. Is there a way to get additional infos about the problems leading to the error?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is my question: Is it really mandatory to have the project inside the coldfusion wwwroot directory?

By @elisabethf82215657

Answer: No. I gave that suggestion because, as you will see in one of Glen's pictures, "Server Home" and "Document Root" appear to be the same. Whereas you would expect the Document Root to be a subdirectory of Server Home.

Nevertheless, let's continue to explore how to get debugging to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you for answering.

From your reply I gather that I should create a separate request to the community and I will do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.

Document Root and testproject already configured to path "C:\ColdFusion2023\cfusion\wwwroot" and C:\ColdFusion2023\cfusion\wwwroot\testproject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why there is no proper documentation or video on how to setup debugging on VC Code. Every where I see half information and lot of issues while setting up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation