• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebRTC on Coldfusion

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have advice on using WebRTC with Coldfusion?  Can we use Coldfusion sockets?  Are we better off using Node.js?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion is an application server meant primarily for developing applications at the back-end. Granted, it has front-end extensions, such as websockets. But those are very light on the ground and are often not up-to-date. So one setback is that ColdFusion lacks all the front-end stuff you will need for WebRTC.

I have had a look at WebRTC and websockets. My answer is, no, I don't think you can use ColdFusion's websockets to implement WebRTC. The two technologies are different.

For one thing, the communication in websockets is between browser and web server and involves mostly text data. Whereas the communication in WebRTC is from one browser to another and involves mostly audio and video data.

That said, if you could develop a WebRTC application using external Javascript libraries, you might then be able to integrate it into a ColdFusion application. In addition, you might be able to use websockets to create peer connections in the WebRTC application.

Yes, you're better of with Node.js. In fact, if you search the web for node js webrtc you will find plenty of resources. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation