• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will CF be compatible with Windows 2016?

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like CF11 is compatible with Windows 2016 yet.  Anyone know when this will work?  Or will I have to upgrade to CF12 for that?  Hopefully Adobe can get 11 working with it.  We'd like to migrate our Web server OS.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Hi Charlie,

I'm working with DCwebGuy‌ on a couple of ColdFusion 11 projects and his issue was the exact issue I also ran into when testing CF 11 on the latest Win Server 2016 TP4.

Thank you for your suggestions and general direction on where to look.  For some reason I didn't think to look under Win 10 issues.

You were right with it being the connector setup utility wsconfig.exe.  I did a quick search for CF 11 and Windows 10 and found that Rakshith had posted a help article on the CF blog back in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you’ve tried it and it’s failed? Was it in trying to run the installer itself? Or in the final steps when trying to connect CF to IIS, or in trying to run the web server connector?

If about IIS, it could be that the connector (or installer) is looking for specific strings, just as people experienced problems running CF with Windows 10 (when IIS because IIS 10, and the installer/connector tool thought it could run only with IIS 7 or 8).

Note that there were blog posts from Adobe showing how you could just manually install the connector, then one where they created a new downloadable connector jar, then finally they did have an update that offered the new support. I suspect it will be the same with 2016.

But let us know what you’re seeing, and then if you need help finding the blog posts that dealt with Windows 10.

/charlie

PS And yes, I would agree that it’s a bummer that such things aren’t tested and resolved by Adobe in the weeks/months leading up to a new release of Windows or whatever.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

I'm working with DCwebGuy‌ on a couple of ColdFusion 11 projects and his issue was the exact issue I also ran into when testing CF 11 on the latest Win Server 2016 TP4.

Thank you for your suggestions and general direction on where to look.  For some reason I didn't think to look under Win 10 issues.

You were right with it being the connector setup utility wsconfig.exe.  I did a quick search for CF 11 and Windows 10 and found that Rakshith had posted a help article on the CF blog back in October saying exactly what you said and containing a link to an updated wsconfig.jar.

Running ColdFusion 10 and 11 on Windows 10 — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

After replacing the jar I was able to re-run the connector utility and log into CF Admin so that I could update to CF 11, Update 7 which, according to Adobe, adds support for IIS 10.0.

Thanks again for your help!

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. That was indeed what I was referring to.

But note that that JAR they offered predates the final release of update 7. In case the final one was updated, you may want to take it from a new build of update 7, just to have the best one. But I realize you’re “working” now and that’s what may matter most. So I’m saying this as much for others (and it does say it also in the first paragraph at that post).

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation