• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to set CF ports

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all kinds of issues after CF 2018 update 8. At the moment I am dealing with port conflicts after having to recreate several instances. The server.xml file sets ports in the following:

<Server port="8031" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
<Connector port="8503" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8447"....../>
<Connector port="8030" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8447" ..... />
workers.properties file port: 8030

When I start CF, I can see via netstat that all of these ports get used, but there is also one more port that appears to be started as well, 8579, judging by the netstat before and after starting CF. I can't find where this port is coming from. I am unable to start all of my instances and I think it is this mystery port that is causeing the conflict. Any ideas what that is and where I can set it? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Charlie,

Thanks for the response. I followed your advice and the answer in my case was neo-websocket.xml. 

This was a dev server. I am not permitted to install the search program I used in production, so this would have been tougher to track down there.  wsconfig is either not reading the existing ports correctly, or failing to update ports as intended. In either case, it is very time consuming to track down the issue. It would be helpful if it was a little bit less of a black box and output wha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several files that set ports which cf will listen to. Only a few are in that file.

What I would do is use a tool to search through all the cf folders for that port number. In Linux, use grep. On windows, most editors offer a file find feature, but I vastly prefer file locator lite, which is free.

Let us know when you find what it is. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Thanks for the response. I followed your advice and the answer in my case was neo-websocket.xml. 

This was a dev server. I am not permitted to install the search program I used in production, so this would have been tougher to track down there.  wsconfig is either not reading the existing ports correctly, or failing to update ports as intended. In either case, it is very time consuming to track down the issue. It would be helpful if it was a little bit less of a black box and output what it was doing to both the screen and a log. 

Also, for reference for people searching for errors, the error in the Windows system log is misleading. Although it was a port conflict causing the issues, when trying to start the CF service, the error reads "service terminated with the following service-specific error: The system cannot find the file specified."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you found it, and more glad to have helped. As for doing such a search on Windows without a tool like FLL, well, if you had any editor with a "find in files" feature, that could have worked.

Windows also has a find command, but it has no feature to recurse directories (so you have to play cmd line tricks to get that to work).

Instead, there is also the findstr command, and it CAN recurse directories (its /s arg, and can do case-insensitive with /i, and they can be joined, along with others). So you could have searched for refs to that port in all XML files found in the CF lib folder with the following (which assumes CF is on your C: drive):

findstr /si "8579" C:\ColdFusion2016\cfusion\lib\*.xml

I realize the /si are not needed in this case, really. I offer it for those whose eye just go to commands, as examples. 🙂 Most would benefit from a recursive case-sensitive search in most cases.

And I only recommended File Locator Lite for Windows users because for most people, it would be by far a better choice for ongoing tasks like this. I should have added this for those (like you) who could not install such a tool.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation