• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

10 seconds delay on first call of any CF-Website

Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys

I hope someone can finally help me here after frustrating hours of trying to contact someone at Adobe who would just listen to my problem...

We plan to buy the newest version of ColdFusion for our new webserver. For testing purposes we installed the trial-version of ColdFusion 11 and are facing the following problem:

The first time we call any CF-web, theres a delay of 10 seconds! After that delay you can browse the webpage fluently. After an hour of not visiting the page there's the same problem again.

My first try to get more information about what might cause this problem, was looking at the request with the IIS-feature "Failed Request Tracing". In these log-files I found following entry:

taking_long.png

module.png

So what can I do to solve this problem?

Kind regards from Switzerland

Nico Merz

PS: More information on how to look up detailed information to a slow or failed request you can find on my blog IIS-Probleme debuggen mithilfe einer Ablaufverfolgung : nicomerz.ch (german!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Hi Nico,

Make sure that after applying the update you have reconfigured the connector.

And also make sure that before reconfiguring the connector you take a backup of previous connector folder, as CF will not retain any changes that you may have done on connector properties/files.

Once reconfigured, please check once again and let us know.

Thanks,

Milan.

CF Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying Update 1 or 2 should fix this. Update should show up in your Administrator in the Server Updates section

ColdFusion 11 Update 1 now available — Adobe ColdFusion Blog

Thanks,

Vamsee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! The installation seems to be already up to date.

Unbenannt.PNG

Thanks,

Nico Merz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nico,

Make sure that after applying the update you have reconfigured the connector.

And also make sure that before reconfiguring the connector you take a backup of previous connector folder, as CF will not retain any changes that you may have done on connector properties/files.

Once reconfigured, please check once again and let us know.

Thanks,

Milan.

CF Team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Milan,

Is there a guide on how to do that?

Thanks,

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the web server configuration (you can type the same in the search bar when you click on start button on windows platform) tool as Run as Administrator and then remove the connector for the website/websites or might be showing with the name "All"

Then click Add and leave all the options as it is and choose "All" if you want a single connector for all the Websites else you can create individual connector for each website

img2.jpg

NOTE : Make sure you do the above in the maintenance window

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much indeed! Reconfiguring the connector solved the problem.

Greetings from Switzerland

Nico Merz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation