• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

$10K CF Enterprise License Doesn't Work

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to get hold of Adobe support on this but wondering if I can get help here faster.

Just purchase the CF2018 Enterprise edition.  Enter the serial number into CFAdmin and it logs me out with this message:

"There was an error accessing this page. Check logs for more details."

Application log has this entry:

"Warning","http-nio-8500-exec-8","07/02/19","10:00:32",CFADMIN,"There was an error while verifying the token. Either the session timed out or un-authenticated access is suspected."

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

The most probable cause is that you had the CF admin page with the serial number form open in your browser for a long time and the session timed out before you hit submit. If it happens repeatedly I'd try to clear cookies or try another browser.

The license key is stored in a file called license.properties which you could try to manually update if all else fails, but I'd hope that you can get it working through CF admin.

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most probable cause is that you had the CF admin page with the serial number form open in your browser for a long time and the session timed out before you hit submit. If it happens repeatedly I'd try to clear cookies or try another browser.

The license key is stored in a file called license.properties which you could try to manually update if all else fails, but I'd hope that you can get it working through CF admin.

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I had the admin page open for a long time, but I tried a new browser and BINGO!  Jeez, who'd of thought.  Thanks, Pete.

FYI, The failure was happening in FireFox.  Chrome worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working, and good to know that the issue happened in FireFox. Maybe something for the Adobe team to look into if it is reproducible on FireFox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, if you'd googled that error, one of the first results should be a blog post I did, addressing the problem (not new, as the post is from 2014), where indeed I point out how it's a cookie problem (and how trying a new browser would have helped).

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/4/10/CF_Admin_error_about_error_accessing_this_p...

I share that not to scold or condescend, toward either of you, but just to help the OP know that there are indeed answers for most problems for the $10k that's been spent. 🙂 If not on the web, and not from Adobe, then as you found, here in the forums--nearly always.

Hope that's of some encouragement.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the note, Charlie.  I had Googled the issue but didn't see your article which is weird.

I do frequent your blog often.  You're one of the many CF stalwarts that have been a tremendous help over the years.

On a side note, having received Pete's suggestion a mere 30 minutes after posting, I finally received a response from Adobe's CF Install support 9 hours later:

"It looks like the installation was not successful. Please uninstall and reinstall CF and check if that resolves the issue."

Thanks for nothing, Adobe.  Apparently they haven't seen your blog post, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation