• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2021 Admin Does Not Show Upper Menu

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Cold Fusion 2021, and the upper menu on each of the options (Server Settings, Data & Sources, etc.) has suddely disappeared. 

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Server Product: ColdFusion 2021 Release
Version: 2021.0.0.323925
Tomcat Version: 9.0.37.0
Edition: Enterprise
Operating System: Windows Server 2016
OS Version: 10.0
Adobe Driver Version: 5.1.4 (Build 0001)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, but the first thing I'd recommend is trying in another browser. That'll help narrow things down.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, its a locked down server and will only allow IE at the moment.   However, I did turn script debugging on and got several errors when bringing up the page in:

navserver.cfm: function expandBody()

At which point, I realized that I had changed the cfscript path to harden the instance, so I returned it to its original value and it started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jmaitino, good on you for sorting that out. And yep, changing that default scriptsrc value back to its default (/cf_scripts/scripts) is a quick short-term fix to solve the Admin problem. But beware that it's not the right long-term solution, if your web server (IIS or Apache) sites have a virtual directory with the path that you found it set to.

I had started writing up a reply, addressing what all this is about, how it can happen (often on migrating in CF admin settings from another machine), and how you could change the value (like you did) as a short-term solution. But I also explained why that may be a problem, and then about the better long-term solution. I also addressed why this is something Adobe could handle better. But I started out with showing how to make that short-term fix, then I saw the last sentence of your reply to Dave, and that you were set for that, so I'll create a blog post instead. 🙂

In the meantime, if you still have what your original value was, and if you do confirm that your IIS or Apache web sites have a virtual directory named with that value, then the better long-term solution is this:

• put that original value back (in the Admin "default scriptsrc directory" setting). That way your web sites served via IIS or Apache won't suffer problems. And yep, momentarily your admin will have that problem again. But that can be fixed, and that's the next step.
  • You'll then want to change things so that CF's built-in web server, which is used by the CF Admin, knows ALSO about and can use that "original" value you had. It's a manual tweak to CF's server.xml file, which Pete Freitag also explains here  https://www.petefreitag.com/item/867.cfm.

Hope that's helpful. (And really, Adobe should fix it so that if that value is changed in the CF admin, THEY make this needed change in the server.xml for us.)

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie Arehart - This also bit us because in our JEE environments, we have to make sure each JVM has it's own cf_scripts folder with unique name.  Once we read this, we simply set the Default ScriptSrc Directory in the Admin console to the unique name, rebooted the server and all our top sub-headers are displayed.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help. Again, it's indeed "a solution" and I'm glad it was "the right solution" for you, as it will be for many. 🙂 

But again it may NOT be the right solution for some, down the road, again if their external web server may be configured to expect to use some other virtual directory and not that one. I realize that's not your issue, so for now we can "let sleeping dogs lie". 🙂 Thanks for the kind regards.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie, Good Day!

It's again me. We are working to upgrade Coldfusion from 2018 to 2021. Post upgrade, we had an issue where the scheduled task was not working, as part of Adobe support recommendation we had applied Hotfix 003 post which the admin console stopped showing the upper menu. 

I understand that this update of your refer to the fix to the issue, i may require some detailed steps on how to fix this. Also referred to Pete Freitag, i may need a helping hand to get this done please. Could you please share any other links which has detailed steps to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation