Running Cold Fusion 2021, and the upper menu on each of the options (Server Settings, Data & Sources, etc.) has suddely disappeared.
Has anyone else had the same experience?
Server Product: ColdFusion 2021 Release
Tomcat Version: 22.214.171.124
Operating System: Windows Server 2016
OS Version: 10.0
Adobe Driver Version: 5.1.4 (Build 0001)
I have not, but the first thing I'd recommend is trying in another browser. That'll help narrow things down.
Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC
Unfortunately, its a locked down server and will only allow IE at the moment. However, I did turn script debugging on and got several errors when bringing up the page in:
navserver.cfm: function expandBody()
At which point, I realized that I had changed the cfscript path to harden the instance, so I returned it to its original value and it started working again.
Jmaitino, good on you for sorting that out. And yep, changing that default scriptsrc value back to its default (/cf_scripts/scripts) is a quick short-term fix to solve the Admin problem. But beware that it's not the right long-term solution, if your web server (IIS or Apache) sites have a virtual directory with the path that you found it set to.
I had started writing up a reply, addressing what all this is about, how it can happen (often on migrating in CF admin settings from another machine), and how you could change the value (like you did) as a short-term solution. But I also explained why that may be a problem, and then about the better long-term solution. I also addressed why this is something Adobe could handle better. But I started out with showing how to make that short-term fix, then I saw the last sentence of your reply to Dave, and that you were set for that, so I'll create a blog post instead. 🙂
In the meantime, if you still have what your original value was, and if you do confirm that your IIS or Apache web sites have a virtual directory named with that value, then the better long-term solution is this:
Hope that's helpful. (And really, Adobe should fix it so that if that value is changed in the CF admin, THEY make this needed change in the server.xml for us.)
@Charlie Arehart - This also bit us because in our JEE environments, we have to make sure each JVM has it's own cf_scripts folder with unique name. Once we read this, we simply set the Default ScriptSrc Directory in the Admin console to the unique name, rebooted the server and all our top sub-headers are displayed. Thank you so much!
Glad to help. Again, it's indeed "a solution" and I'm glad it was "the right solution" for you, as it will be for many. 🙂
But again it may NOT be the right solution for some, down the road, again if their external web server may be configured to expect to use some other virtual directory and not that one. I realize that's not your issue, so for now we can "let sleeping dogs lie". 🙂 Thanks for the kind regards.