• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32 bit ODBC with 64-bit Coldfusion 2018

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I saw this specific question asked was many years ago. However, I was wondering if Coldfusion 2018 release could see a 32-bit ODBC connection with its ODBC Socket option? It seems 64-bit Microsoft programs like Power BI Desktop will no longer work (or see) a 32-bit ODBC driver unless you install the 32-bit version of the software. Can anyone confirm 32-bit ODBC support still in CF or better yet is anyone using a 32-bit ODBC driver in CF2018?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion certainly has an ODBC Socket driver. You can obtain the details as follows:

<!--- Login into Coldfusion Administrator. --->
 <cfset  createObject("component","cfide.adminapi.administrator").login("your_CF_Admin_password")>

<!--- Instantiate the data source object. --->
 <cfset  datasourceObject = createObject("component","cfide.adminapi.datasource")>

<!--- Get a structure containing all the database drivers --->
 <cfset databaseDrivers = datasourceObject.getDriverDetails()>
 <!---<cfdump var="#databaseDrivers#" label="All available database drivers">--->

<!--- Driver for the ODBC Socket --->
 <cfdump var="#databaseDrivers['ODBC Socket']#" label="ODBC Socket driver">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am exploring whether or not the ODBC socket in CF would see and be able to use a 32-bit ODBC configuration setup in the Windows Server 32-bit ODBC Administrator. It seems all 64-bit programs I have come across need to have the 32-bit version of that program (if it exists) installed on the machine in order to see 32-bit ODBC setup in the Windows Server 32-bit ODBC Administrator. CF is of course 64-bit now, so I am checking to see if anyone can confirm 32-bit ODBC Administrator setups still work on a Windows Server with CF? I do not have the option to test this yet myself, and am wanting to know if I should even pursue it as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation