• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

500 null JRun Servlet Error

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2007 Jun 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a particular page (consistently on that page) I am getting a JRun Servlet Error, 500 null showing on the browser. There's nothing in the error logs except the coldfusion-event.log in the runtime/logs folder.

26/06 17:44:31 error
java.lang.StackOverflowError

There seems to be plenty of memory on the box from looking at Windows statistics, the heap size, and what's used. The rest of the application seems to be working fine, and what this page is doing is minimal compared to everything else. It does do a RMI invocation via a java library (and this is what it seems to be quitting on from a cfabort just before), but other pages do so as well. This has worked for many months.

This is on ColdFusion 7.02. We have applied hot fix hf702-65340 (because of intermittent errors we were getting) and upgraded the JRE to 1.4.2_11 to deal with the Daylight savings change in Canada. Not sure if that's of any consequence.

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am trying to load Coldfusion 7.02 0n a Mac and after login it throws a 500 null. I found your plea while trawling the web looking for an answer, but all I found so far is a lot of people asking the same question. Back in 2005 there's someone complaing that Adobe should look into it, but no sign I can see that they have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually opened a support ticket about this. I'll try to post back here after going up the tiers. This is obviously fairly low level and there's nothing Tier 1 or 2 will likely be able to do.

BTW, I tried upgrading to the latest 1.4.2 JVM and that didn't fix anything. It's also inconsistent. Restarting Coldfusion may mean a completely different call that's affected. There's nothing special in the call either; no fancy data structures or duplicate() going on. Though it does use RMI - but then 1000's of other calls do too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation