• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a colored rectangle to existing PDF using ColdFusion

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using iText within CF for several years to insert images into existing PDF files, etc. My background is not in coding but I have managed to get my way through it with help from online communities and posts.

I'd like to dynamically create a custom background color (user defined) to existing PDF documents. My thought is to add colored rectangles to an existing PDF file to accomplish this. I have searched for a way to add a rectangle through iText or by using a CF tag, but am having trouble figuring it out.

I would prefer to use iText but a CF tag would work fine as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you explored if adding a watermark using the CFPDF function will give you what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion. It appears there is not a way to apply a custom color to a watermark. I believe only existing PDF and image files can be inserted using CFPDF watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation