• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add a script to CFIDE/Administrator and run it?

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone,

Is it possible to add a script (.cfm file) to /CFIDE/Administrator and run it?

I've got a script that is used for reindexing and optimizing a small set of Solr collections, and the PTB do not want it publicly accessible (even though it will never touch a database, and I have conditions set so that only one of us can run it), so they are asking if it can be run from within the protected /CFIDE/Administrator folder.

I copied my script (and an associated .gif image) to my local CF server /CFIDE/Administrator folder, but I can't run it.  Every time I browse to it, I get redirected to the login page.

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you may add an arbitrary CFM page to /CFIDE/Administrator and run it. But you first have to log in to the Administrator. That is why ColdFusion redirects you to the login page. As you yourself say, the /CFIDE/Administrator folder is protected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, BKBK!  It didn't even occur to me to log on, first.

But that could present a problem, if I wanted to add a script and then set it up in Scheduled Tasks, wouldn't it?  Requiring a logon, first?  Or would Scheduled Task run it with Admin privileges?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be quite honest, WolfShade, even if it should work, I would strongly advise against it. /CFIDE/Administrator/ is a system directory. As such, it should contain no custom user scripts.

A solution is possible that involves putting the script and GIF in a directory elsewhere in the web root. You could, for example, implement authentication in the directory or exclude its path in the web server settings. You should revisit the subject with your PTB and discuss these possibilities with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2015 Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kind of thought that was the case.. the higher-ups thought that would be a protected area to put a script in.  It didn't SEEM correct, to me, but wanted to be absolutely sure before saying anything to them.

Thanks, BKBK!

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation