• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

admin password not working from initial install of CF 11

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just done an install of CF 11 three times today and the password that is created during the install does not authenticate.  I have read several posts, some of which date back to May 2014.  Is there not a hotfix for this issue?  Certainly the recommendation for changing a browser is understood as I am using IE, but still what about the hotfix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Try this:

• Navigate to the webroot of your site.
  • Take a backup of web.config and open it with text editor (notepad etc)
  • Comment the entry for mimeType extension of ".air" like <!--<mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" />-->
  • Save the file and restart IIS.
  • Launch CF Admin and try to login.

Also try the the passwordreset.bat (C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin) via command prompt (Run as Administrator)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerald,

Did you get a chance to look at Troubleshooting ColdFusion Admin Login Issue — Adobe ColdFusion Blog?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have.  I have changed from IE to Chrome, still get Invalid Password.  I have added .cfm in IIS as a mime type, still get Invalid Password.  I have gone back to IE, added the site as a trusted site, still get Invalid Password.  What should I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

• Navigate to the webroot of your site.
  • Take a backup of web.config and open it with text editor (notepad etc)
  • Comment the entry for mimeType extension of ".air" like <!--<mimeMap fileExtension=".air" mimeType="application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip" />-->
  • Save the file and restart IIS.
  • Launch CF Admin and try to login.

Also try the the passwordreset.bat (C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin) via command prompt (Run as Administrator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing the mimemap provided to be the correct action.  Thank all of ya'll for your help in resolving this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation