• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Cold Fusion 2018 Standard license - Cannot make connection to the database with ODBC Socket

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot make ODBC Socket connection, getting this error:

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SequeLink Server]The specified data source is not defined.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][SequeLink Server]The specified data source is not defined

I used Developer installation before I purchased the ColdFuison 2018 Standard License and I was using Oracle as a Driver and was able to connect to the database. Once I applied the license (serial number), the Oracle connection was not working anymore and I tried to use ODBC Socket and still cannot connect, the error from above occurred. 

Additional Information: Cold Fusion is installed on Windows Server 2016. I have set up the ODBC connection and it's connecting to the database without errors.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF Developer and Enterprise editions come with their own Oracle driver, provided by DataDirect. That's not available in Standard Edition. Instead, you should download Oracle's own JDBC driver, and set it up as "Other" in CF. There are instructions in the CF docs for how to do this.

The ODBC driver is likely to be problematic in most cases, and I would not recommend using it.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thank you  for your very quick response.

Is this link to the CF document how to set up "Other" connection

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/configuring-administering/data-source-management-for-coldfusion.h...

Or there is another documentation that I can use?

thanks

Frosina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's fixed now, I have downloaded  Oracle's own JDBC driver and I was able to connect to the database using "Other" in CF.

All is good now.

Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you seeing this error? In the CF Administrator or in a CFM?

If the latter, then you appear to be using a non-existent datasource. In other words, you created and successfully tested a DSN called "A" in the CF Administrator, but in your application you are trying to use a DSN called "B".

Notice that the error message doesn't say the DSN is failing, it's saying that the DSN you are trying to use is not defined in the CF Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation