Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe ColdFusion output problem

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

On our ERP system Workcube, we receive our pdf documents with Adobe ColdFusion. But the system has been running very slow or stalling for the last 2 weeks. What do you think is the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the ColdFusion forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hard to answer without more information. First, I'm going to assume you're talking about generating PDFs with ColdFusion. That is just a slow thing at the best of times, frankly. If you're using CF Standard, PDFs can only be generated one at a time if I recall correctly, so they bottleneck the entire system. If you're using CF Enterprise, this isn't true, but each PDF to be generated still takes a long time.

I'd recommend if possible that you look at generating PDFs in the background instead of having users wait on them, or generate them in advance before users ask for them - whatever, just don't wait until they ask for them.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Dave said, it's not clear if you are saying just the pages serving the PDFs are slow, or if all CF pages are slow. That could be a useful clue, as there are different solutions to those different problems

And if somehow it WAS just the PDF pages, then it would help to know if those pages are using CFDOCUMENT or the newer (since CF11) CFHTMLTOPDF tag (or their script equivalent). The former creates the PDFs within the CF instance, while the latter creates them in another service, called the CF "add on" service.

And then assuming you are using CFDOCUMENT, I will note that sometimes its performance can be increased with use of an attribute (on CFDOCUMENT) called LocalURL="yes". I have a blog post with more about it.

Finally, it's hard to tell from your question if you are CF developer or Admin who maybe inherited this system, or perhaps you're even just a user. I'll add that there are available tools that could quickly and easily help you pinpoint where the trouble and slowness is. 

If you're not at all experienced with CF then you may find the questions above only raise more questions. If you'd rather just have someone work with you to find and resolve the problem, some of us here (including Dave and myself) are consultants, and if you'd rather get the problem solved quickly than engage in lots of back and forth, that's an option. I list myself and other such consultants here.

Otherwise, let us know what you find and we'll see if we can help you resolve this.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yüksel5CFA: we receive our pdf documents with Adobe ColdFusion.

How do you integrate ColdFusion with Workcube? What does ColdFusion actually do? The more details you share, the more useful the feedback you will get from the forum.

Yüksel5CFA: the system has been running very slow or stalling 

It is unclear to me what you mean by system. Workcube? ColdFusion? A specific ColdFusion process? The collaboration between Workcube and ColdFusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation