• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrade to ColdFusion 2016 file access denied?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

We have upgraded our development server from CF10 to ColdFusion 2016 today. While I was testing our system I notice that every report couldn't be accessed. I have checked the folder on the server and files are in there. I tried to use this code to test and access the files:

<cffile action="read" file="\\testsite\testsite_d\test.xlsx" variable = "fileContent">

After I run code above error message showed on the screen:

Message\\testsite\testsite_d\test.xlsx (Access is denied)     
DetailThe cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\testsite\testsite_d\test.xlsx (Access is denied).     

I'm not sure why files can't be accessed. Everything worked fine before we did the upgrade. If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Running ColdFusion as a specific user

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the previous version of CF was configured to run as a specific user account, and the new version is running as SYSTEM. In general, to access network shares, you need to run as something other than SYSTEM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your time and help. I'm not familiar with setting permissions and where that should be fixed. Can you provide any information where I should be looking for to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running ColdFusion as a specific user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation