• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

all the iis sites are already configured by some other version of coldfusion

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I configure the connector for IIS in 2016 vesion, it prompt error "all the iis sites are already configured by some other version of coldfusion", how can I removed the configured IIS for other version? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple answer is by running the wsconfig tool for that other version. 

If you don't know what "other version" that is, you can go to an example site in iis, to its "isapi filters" feature, and you should see a tomcat filter. What version of CF does that point to?

Then run the wsconfig.exe tool in that cf instance's runtime/bin folder, running it "as admin", to remove the old connector.

Then you should be able to add the new connector with the wsconfig tool of the new cf version. 

If you stumble, there are so many things that could be amiss that we might not easily resolve them with back and forth here (though we may). If you just want help to get it working, it shouldn't take even 15 mins to sort out in an online consulting session. If interested, see carehart.org/consulting.

Otherwise, hope what I shared above may get you going. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie ,

I uninstalled Coldfusion 2016 and deleted the Coldfusion 2016 folder manually. Then I installed Coldfusion 2021. So I don't have the wsconfig.exe of CF 2016 to  remove the old connector. Any suggestion for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have suggestions for you.

First some bad news: while Adobe used to offer the wsconfig tool binaries for download on the cf downloads page, they no longer do. 

But second, the good news is that you can MANUALLY remove the xml config elements for the cf 2016 connector within the IIS config files.

Doing that requires care, as their are isapi filters and handler mappings to remove (which may be at the site or server level in iis), and then there are virtual directories to remove (at the site level). One needs to be careful and precise.

FWIW, Adobe has documented how to ADD such connectors:

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-iis-manual-connector-configuration.html

But it didn't address how to Remove them. But a couple of folks did post several years ago which DID focus just on removal. Note they focus on using the IIS UI for the tssk:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2016/10/removing-corrupt-connector-dependencies-from-iis/

http://blog.immanuelnoel.com/2014/07/17/coldfusion-11-manually-remove-connector-configuration/

Again, one just has to be careful. Sometimes you'll hit snags that even these posts don't cover. But if you're game to try on your own, there's what you may need.

Finally, sometimes it's going to be necessary (or far more efficient) to do the removal via surgical editing of the underlying IIS config files (xml), instead of using the IIS UI. Then one just needs to be VERY careful not to break things (which is true with Apache config files also). There's also the need to assess whether these config elements to be removed are in IIS's central applicationhost.config and/or in the web.config for each site. All such isapi filters, handler mappings, and virtual director the old cf version would need to be removed. If one knows what they're doing, even that "surgery" can be just a couple minutes work, honestly. I've done it hundreds of times in my consulting. (It would take a very long time to detail all that one would need to do, to watch out for, and how to recover from mistakes in such surgery.) 

If the info above gets you going, great. If not, I could do this with you (in a zoom session or the like) in likely less than 15 mins, which is my minimum consulting time interval. More on that, including rates, approach satisfaction guarantee, etc. at carehart.org/consulting.

Or of course I would reply to follow-up here. Let us know how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Charlie

Good day!

I saw your reply about "Re: all the iis sites are already configured by some other version of coldfusion ", is that mean if "isapi filters"  exist the tomat information(first pic), means the connector is created ok? If so, when I use wsconfig tool, I create one sigle site for this, but it has error, how can I check and solve this error(second pic)? ThanksISAPI Filter.JPGwsconfig tool error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution for you. But first, I will say that you confused matters when you referred to "2016 version" initially. I thought you were referring to CF2016, but the screenshots in your last comment show you using CF2021. Perhaps you were referring to Windows 2016.

Anyway, now that I see the nullpointer errors you are getting from the wsconfig tool, I can report that Adobe HAS in fact recognized and resolved the problem, which will be included in update 1 of CF2021 (whenever that comes out).

Until then, they ARE offering that updated wsconfig.jar file (which is what's used by the wsconfig.exe tool you are running). And you can get that via a link offered by Adobe in the tracker ticket created for this issue, https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4210996.  See there the steps for how to use it, including how to clean up vestiges of the old connector.

And if you or anyone else may want to see more discussion of the problem, the first forum thread reporting it here in December (with discussion in Jan, Feb, and Mar) is at

https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion/cf2021-wsconfig-nullpointerexception/m-p/11615049

Let us know if that solves the problem for you. And as I offered above, if you feel stuck resolving things I can quickly help get everything working, via a shared desktop consulting session. Or you can certainly ask follow-up questions here. (I'm just not as able to keep close track of this or even private messaegs sent in these forums, so use that link I offered in my signature to reach me directly.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, before I got this answer, I update the applicationHost.config under the Windows\System32\inetsrv\config, delete the ColdFusion related in the configuration file, then uninstalled the ColdFusion I installed. After reinstalled, seems it is OK, is this solution OK for solve above issue? Thanks.  By the way, as I post before, verion 2016 means CF2016 version. If there is problem in the future, I will post message again. Is there one Real-time communication if I encounter emergent issue? Seems post message need take one or more day to get the response. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, cleaning out the applicationhost.config is one aspect of removing all the vestiges of the previous connector, as indicated in the Adobe post I linked to.

As for your saying that in the original question, "2016 means CF2016 version", that's only all the more confusing because again your second reply shows a screenshot using CF2021. But anyway, you have solved your problem and that's what matters most for you.

As for getting real-time help, no, this Adobe CF commmunity site does not offer that. You can find that in the CF Slack channel. For more on that and other community/help resources, see a list of them I keep at https://www.cf411.com/cfhelp. (Different people will likley step up to help in the different communities, of course.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation