• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anybody running ColdFusion 2016 and MySQL 5.6?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Platform Support Doc says MySQL 5.7. I'm not sure what that means. So, I'll try a different approach.

Is anybody successfully running ColdFusion 2016 and MySQL 5.6?

Thanks,

Mike Oatsvall

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means exactly what it says on the tin: ColdFusion 2016 supports MySQL 5.7. But I can assure you I have been running ColdFusion 2016 together with MySQL 5.6.10 successfully for several years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ColdFusion 2016 works just fine with MySQL 5.6. You will need to supply your own connectors from MySQL (MySQL :: MySQL Connectors ).  Download the "JDBC Driver for MySQL" and copy the .jar file into the ../lib folder. If you are running Standard edition the path is ./ColdFusion2016/cfusion/lib/ for most installations. For Enterprise version especially if you have multiple instances each instance that access MySQL will need the connector. The path would be ./ColdFusion2016/[instance name]/lib/.

Regards,

Wil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation