• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone else experiencing CF not being able to make up its mind which attribute value you should use?

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Trying to index a SOLR collection from a database query.  If I set the action to FULLIMPORT, it tells me that I have to use FULL-IMPORT.  If I use FULL-IMPORT, it tells me I have to use FULLIMPORT.  WTF??

Anyhoo.. I've submitted a bug to Tracker.  Anyone else run across this?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a bug. In fact,

"The value of the FULLIMPORT attribute is invalid. Valid values are: UPDATE, DELETE, PURGE, REFRESH, FULLIMPORT, DELTAIMPORT, STATUS, ABORT."

implies a double error. In the ColdFusion documentation, fullimport is not an attribute of cfindex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/cfml-reference/coldfusion-tags/tags-i/cfindex.html

According to the above, yes it is.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE: Qualifier - fullimport is not an attribute, but it is a value of the action attribute, which my original post stated.

UPDATE2:  Also, please see difference between FULLIMPORT and FULL----IMPORT (extra hyphens added for emphasis)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind.. according to Tracker, it's poorly worded documentation that is the culprit.  fullimport and deltaimport only work when type="DIH" (Data Import Handler).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, this is what I had pointed out back on the 12th, when you raised this issue initially within another thread, when I said, "As for action=fullimport, that is only for the dih (data import handler) feature, which is in Enterprise only. Notice how in the docs page for cfsearch [i meant cfindex], it lists this action under 'When type="dih", these actions are used:'. " (https://community.adobe.com/t5/ColdFusion/ORA-00933-statement-not-ended-proplerly/m-p/10604490)

Even so, if there is indeed confusion in the docs or error message about a dash or not within fullimport, i hope you will open a bug report about it.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation