• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone here with experience using any of the CFEXCHANGE___ tags?

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

I have a meeting in one hour where I am part of a brain-storming team thinking of solutions for a task set for us by upper brass.

My idea involves using CFEXCHANGEMAIL and CFEXCHANGECONTACTS, but I'm not sure if the contacts functionality can work with an Exchange Email List.  If it can, my idea will fly.  If not, then I have no idea to present.  🙂

V/r,

^ _ ^

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Asynchronous , Builder , cfchart , Cffiddle , Connector , Database access , Documentation , Event gateways , Flash integration , Getting started , Monitoring , Reporting , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer for you, but you might also want to find out whether these are old-fashioned distribution lists or whether they're groups - those two things behave differently. You might want to convert distribution lists to groups (which I think are more likely to work with the CF contact functionality).

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information!  I had no idea there were two methods of distribution.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon viewpoint), the decision was made to go ahead through a SharePoint solution, so my idea was never presented.  (shrug)

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The words "fortunately" and "Sharepoint" don't sit well in the same sentence.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I agree!  Sadly, my boss wants me to start SP training to stay relevant in this dept. because it looks like things are sliding that way.  They will most likely never get rid of CF, as I can't imagine our public presence being an SP site, but we've hired several SP devs in the last year, or so, and upper brass is convinced SP is what we need to be using more of.  SMH

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SharePoint is a virus.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation