• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API Manager - developer edition??

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has the enterprise version of CF running on the live server - with the API manager running there.

We developers run our own development editions of CF, and use change and source control to send the code live.

However, the only version of API Manager we can find are trials - which stop running after 30 days.

Is there a developer edition somewhere? How are we supposed to develop and test our potential changes to API Manager methods and functions outside the live service??

Thanks in advance,

Al Holden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

The answer is no, there is no developer edition for the API Mgr. Only the 30-day trial, or you must put in a CF Enterprise license key. I have confirmed this with Adobe.

I've also asked them to respond here, but until they do, I didn't want you to be left hanging.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is no, there is no developer edition for the API Mgr. Only the 30-day trial, or you must put in a CF Enterprise license key. I have confirmed this with Adobe.

I've also asked them to respond here, but until they do, I didn't want you to be left hanging.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie.

I was afraid of that.  I hope it's just a temporary oversight.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie -

Is there a way to upgrade the API Mgr from the trial to the full version within the the web site? or do I need to reinstall it and provide the key during the installation process?

Thanks

Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2024 Feb 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid I don't know and can't find the answer. Are you saying it HAS expired, or are you just anticipating what may happen? I'd expect you'd get a prompt at the login page when it expires, asking you to enter the license key.

Otherwise, I'd expect there's a properties file that holds it (not the silent.properties mentioned in the docs, which is about silently installing it.)

Finally, rather than ask here (and me), and since Adobe's never participated in the thread, I'd recommend you ask via email to cfinstal@adobe.com, which is for such install questions related to cf (and as the api manager requires a cf enterprise license, it is tied in that way to cf--though not written in cfml).

If you find the answer, do let us know. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation