• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application is not considering newly created server instance

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an app running in coldfusion 9 enterprise edition. I created a new server instance from CF admin and it got created successfully and its running(windows service).

But my app is not working since I found that it is not pointing to this newly created instance.

Why I made the conclusion that my app is not pointing to new server instance is because,

I got "Data source not found" issue while running the app. So I checked the CF admin for newly created server instance(in an assumption that my app will be pointing to this new server instance) but that datasource was actually available there. But ,when I searched for the same datasource in the main server , I could not find it there. So I added the same datasource (by copying from new server instance) in the main server and then my app was running successfully. So I found that my app is not considering the newly created server instance instead it is pointing to main server.

I am using IIS webserver.

Could any one help/guide me resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abdul,

What website is your CF9 instance joined to? Probably not the website that your app is being browsed from. Suggest run CF WSCONFIG tool to find out what CF9 instance is connected to which website or change website binding.

I don't have a CF9 to guide you where WSCONFIG is but could be CF\runtime\bin. For best result run WSCONFIG as administrator.

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response.

I had created a web site named "vfqcf" in IIS and configured the web server using WSCONFIG (C:\JRUN4\BIN\WSCONFIG.EXE) by running it as administrator where I selected jRun server and iis website as newly created server instance. Please find the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if you  need any more info.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 12.28.04 PM.png

Thanks,

Abdul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abdul,

I would think if you have your application CFM files in the vfqcf website then CF instance vfqcf would be the one doing the servicing.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thats not happening and thats why I opened this discussion. Please let me know if u know how to troubleshoot this. This is some diplomatic kind of answer , if you dont know the answer then please say "NO".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Abdul,

No.

I thought that would do it for you however seems not. Hopefully someone else notices your post and has a solution.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation