• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Pool Terminates Unexpectedly

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process w3wp.exe serving the application pool for our website terminates unexpectedly. Due to which, the website responds with HTTP Error 503 - Service unavailable.

Manually restarting the application pool for the website brings the site back up.

We have discovered no pattern in the crashes, it appears at this time to be random/intermittent.

We have pulled the debug files / info for the most recent crash...

It looks to be pointing to ColdFusion.

SWOC.exe (Which I think is an ODBC component?)

Faulting application name: swsoc.exe, version: 6.0.0.14327, time stamp: 0x555bfaa0
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x5d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d14aba4c4c0eda
Faulting application path: C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\db\slserver54\bin\swsoc.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 9421075f-b6ad-11e5-9309-005056802b2e

SWAGENT.exe (DataDirect SequeLink Agent or swAgent Module)

Faulting application name: swagent.exe, version: 6.0.0.25513, time stamp: 0x555bfa4a
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x598
Faulting application start time: 0x01d14aba4c25f8d6

System Info:

Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1
IIS v6.1 (Build 7601: SP1)
ColdFusion 10 Update 18

Could anyone be of assistance? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Brett, I would not expect it to be related to those processes at all. (I understand the challenge and the confusion. This problem can be solved.)

I would be more inclined to think it’s about the connector. Have you updated the web server connector since having applied any updates to CF? You say you’re on CF10 update 18. What is the date of the isapi_redirect.dll in the oldfusion10\config\wsconfig\1 folder? And in any other numbered folders there? If it’s not from Sep 2015, then it’s not been upda

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett, I would not expect it to be related to those processes at all. (I understand the challenge and the confusion. This problem can be solved.)

I would be more inclined to think it’s about the connector. Have you updated the web server connector since having applied any updates to CF? You say you’re on CF10 update 18. What is the date of the isapi_redirect.dll in the oldfusion10\config\wsconfig\1 folder? And in any other numbered folders there? If it’s not from Sep 2015, then it’s not been updated.

I will point you to a blog post I’ve done explaining this need to rebuild the connector after each updates, but I would also point out that if you “just want it fixed” and don’t want to do a lot of fiddling on your own, this is something I can help with on a consulting basis. Since you end with “Could anyone be of assistance?”, I didn’t know if that’s perhaps what you were asking. You can learn more about my rates, approach, and satisfaction guarantee, at the consulting page of carehart.org.

As for that blog post, see:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2013/9/13/why_you_must_update_cf10_webserver_connector

You could also have a problem of needing to tune your web server connector, which Adobe talks about here:

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-11-iis-connector-tuning

That confuses a lot of people, too, and I can help with that if you need it.

Hope something above may get you going, or that I could more directly. If you care to reply here, I and others will try to help here also

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Check webserver connector and apply tomcat tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No crashes since updating and tuning the connectors. Thanks very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation