• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempts to get to CFAdmin result in 404 error.

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to upgrade my server to version 9.0.1 this weekend with less than spectacular results. The server is running Windows Server 2008, MySql 5 and ColdFusion9. I followed the instructions in the installation guide and stopped all ColdFusion, IIS and Anti-Virus services before starting the install. The install seemed to be going well but then decided to hang at a part where it mentioned copying the web-inf folder. After a 40 minute wait and no activity in taskmanger, I decided to try and cancel the installation. This of course also hanged up and left me stranded with my server down. After a reboot and several other attempts to get the upgrade to run through clean I decided to try to remove the upgrade by following the removal process. This eliminated the "datasource unable to be found" errors that plagued what was left of my ColdFusion installation but left me unable to get into my ColdFusion Administrator. I had to change the following line in the neo-runtime.xml file so that the value was "false" as I was getting this error "Permission denied for creating Java object: coldfusion.server.SystemInfo."

<var name="disableServiceFactory"><boolean value="false" /></var>

After making this change I now just recieve a 404 error when I try to view the ColdFusion administrator. The virtual directory exists and the IP restrictions are correct for my location. The rest of my site seems to be working properly, outside of the issues with the administrator.

At this point I'm hoping to restore my ColdFusion administrator first, but I would also like to know if anyone has determined why the cf9.0.1 install would hang or if I can manually apply the changes that the upgrade makes to get the httpOnly attribute set on cfid, cftoken, and jsessionid cookies.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same error after updating Coldfusion 10. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation