• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attend the Adobe ColdFusion Summit 2019 - Register today!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ColdFusion Summit is a confluence of everything in the realm of web applications. If you develop web applications, this is the place to be. For designers, developers, strategists and thought leaders, the ColdFusion Summit provides the perfect forum to exchange ideas, inspiration and experiences.

Be there and learn from the experts!

The Mirage, Las Vegas it is on Oct 1 and 2, 2019.

Register today for the ColdFusion Summit!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea of the Summit. But I think it's improper to couple a ColdFusion certification programme with a summit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would elaborate on your concern, perhaps they could address it with their reasoning.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't call it a concern. As I said, the ColdFusion certification programme should be separate from the Adobe Summit. They should be decoupled, as it were, because they are independent. Or, they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you saying that they should not offer it at the Summit AT ALL? Why not? Or do you mean that they should offer it ALSO separately? The second point would be reasonable. The first seems not. Why shouldn't people willing to go to the Summit a day early be able to do that?

Assuming you meant more the second point, I suspect a challenge is that currently the program expects people to spend a day in live training AND to have a live proctored exam. Both of those may be expensive (if not difficult) to arrange for folks to do SEPARATE from the Summit. (And I don't speak for them, but based on what I have heard.)

But now do you see why I was asking for your clarification? I am left to guess why you think it's "improper" to "couple" the cert program with the Summit. I just think you could make your argument (or concern or assertion) more clear to Adobe if you would be more specific. Otherwise, it just comes off as merely contrarian. 🙂

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My suggestion to Adobe is clear enough. Adobe should create a ColdFusion certification programme that developers can take locally all around the world. A certification in programming has little or nothing to do with attendance of a summit or conference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation