• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auth_User is blank

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to coldfusion and need some "guiding" on this matter.  I have a workstation with windows 10 and I have installed Coldfusion2016 as a .war file (cfusion.war, a JEE install option) in the webapps folder in apache tomcat 9.x directory. 

In the following Coldfusion code, the Auth_User is blank and when I run my application I get error.

<cfset ThisUser_Id = TRIM(UCASE(RemoveChars(auth_user,1,find('\',auth_user))))>

What do I need to do to get value for "auth_user"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is "Auth_User" coming from or how is it being set?  Is it from a CGI variable?

Keep in mind that some of the CGI variables that are typically populated by ColdFusion if installed using the installer may not be available with a WAR deployment on stock Tomcat.  The Tomcat included in a ColdFusion install has been customized by Adobe to provide additional functionality, including setting many CGI variables.

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/category/coldfusion-blog/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Carl;

What do you mean by "Additional Functionality"? Does connecting Tomcat to Active Directory for user authentication is fit into that?

regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an IIS server on top of Tomcat? I trust, Auth_user is only filled with a value if "Windows Authentication" is enabled on the IIS site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIS is not involved in this and Tomcat is the only server involved. Having said that, it looks like I need to connect Tomcat to the Active Directory for user authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Bardnet. If you no longer wish to use Windows Authentication, then you should replace the authentication code in your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation