• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back again after 14 years

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2015 Jan 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I last coded in 2001, but thought I'd get back to it again to develop some in-house tools as I launch a business.

It's just like I remembered, so far anyway...

Wrinkling out the bugs for set-up and launch is a frustrating process, but once you get past that, the coding is fun and delicious.

Unfortunately for me, the "so far" has only gotten me to the first part of the previous sentence.

Sorry for the lead-up... Here's the skinny:

I'm on a clean Windows 8.1 machine. All I've added to the Windows install is MS Office 2007 (including Access), CF11 Trial, and CFBuilder Trial. I can access and manipulate CF Admin with no problem, it's served from http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm and I've had no problem clicking around to reacquaint myself with the product. My problem comes when I move over to CFBuilder and try to run my first index page (pretty simple page so far, the entirety of the code is between the quotes "<h1>test</h1>"). When I click on the run button, the browser tries to open http://127.0.0.1:8600/FOIACF/index.cfm (please note the 8600 port - is that the problem?) and returns a generic "Unable to Connect" error. A bad hunch led me to try changing 8600 to 8500 in the url, and that kicked back a CF 404 error page.

Advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2015 Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back. Set the project path as follows. Let us say you are on Windows and the directory representing your present project is C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\myDir.

In CFBuilder's Navigator view, right-click on the directory myDir and select 'Set URL Prefix'. Enter http://127.0.0.1:8500/myDir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I got it working... for some reason, I needed to start the cf

server (in the servers pane at the bottom of builder). I hadnt considered

that because I was getting cf 404 at the 8500 port so I figured the cf

server must've been running. Thanks though... now onto today's goal -

setting up sql server 2014 and connecting it to cf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this experience. Good luck with the rest, and have fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation