• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book in which dummy CF application is built?

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been developing CF for many years, but it's been a while since I built any CF apps from scratch and I'm looking for a good refresher. I'm especially looking for any book or tutorial in which one or more actual advanced CF applications are built over the course of the entire book, as opposed to just going over all the features chapter by chapter (like in the CF Web Application Construction Kit). I'll keep looking on my own, but just in case anyone knows of something off the top of their head, I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you already know CF, I recommend a book on a framework - to me they give much better examples of real world application design concepts. I prefer Fusebox 5.5 but the only Fusebox book I'm aware of is for Fusebox 4 -- very good book but very dated. I think there might be Mach II, FW/1 and/or ColdBox books around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't remember if it stepped through building an entire app, but Object-Oriented Programming in ColdFusion | PACKT Books was a very good book that covered many of the more advanced CF programming practices  for application development that have evolved over the last decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Craig, I don't know that you can honestly reference that book in this context. Twelve years have passed since it's release, and there are a lot of advancements in CF to take advantage of while rapidly developing applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation