• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bootstrap

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I design my first front end site using bootstrap.  I then export the bootstrap file into a regular HTML extension. I open the HTML file in dream Weaver and save that file as a.CFM extension. When I go to preview the page, all of the behaviors, the scroll, the modal all no longer works.  When I sAve the file extension back to an HTML file, everything works. Is there a method to allow the same behaviors to work under a cold fusion extensions as it does with the regular HTML extension? Does cold fusion work with bootstrap and JavaScript behaviors?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, CF will work with Bootstrap. But the model for doing this kind of thing typically involves writing services in CF using CFCs and having your JS client app invoke those services and use JSON results from those services. I'm not really sure what you were trying to do from your description, but it doesn't sound like it fits in that model.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it comes to CF and HTML/JS/CSS, what the ColdFusion server is doing is basically parroting the HTML/JS/CSS that you write and adds dynamic HTML according to the CF instructions that you provide.

If it works in HTML but not in CF, then there is most likely an error that is breaking the JS/CSS.  Place all code within a CFTRY/CFCATCH and use CFDUMP to put the #cfcatch# on screen to see if the break is in CF.  If nothing appears, then check your console to see if there is a JS error that is breaking.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The page has to be served from the CF server. If you're working local, it will be 127.0.0.1:8500/yourpage. I write pages using Bootstrap and then add the coldfusion afterwards. Everything works as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation