• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Builder 2018 Code Assist will not work for ColdFusion tags

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Code Assist to work for ColdFusion tags only.  When you type "<" the code assist box pops up with html tags.  Type "c" and the list reduces to tags beginning with "c."  But as soon as you type the "f," the box closes.

Hitting ctrl-space or space in any tag, including ColdFusion tags, causes code assist to open with "Global Attributes" but not with ColdFusion parameters.  Hitting ctrl-space while the box is open closes the Code Assist Box.

In the Window/Preferences/Code Assist Panel the Code Assist Dictionary Version lists only 11, 2016 and 2018 versions.  Clicking on Reload Dictionaries button doesn't do much, the button grays for about a second.  Selecting a different dictionary and clicking Reload Dictionaries has no effect on behavior. I have Auto-Activation selected both boxes.  Auto-Insertion, all 3 turned off though it continues to insert Closing Tag on a New Line.

Append Space, Automatically Insert = sign and Insert Required Tag Attributes all selected as is Auto-quote Attributes.

Restarting Builder after checking Preferences doesn't change behavior.

I feel Builder is acting like it doesn't have any ColdFusion dictionaries.  I searched online for the dictionaries directory and then checked my system.  The dictionaries are in the correct directory. I opened one of the ColdFusion dictionaries in Notepad and it listed CF 8, CF 9, CF 11, CF 2016 and CF 2018.  This differ from the dictionaries listed in the Code Assist ColdFusion Dictionary select list.

This seems to be more than an issue about setting preferences, but without the code assist helpfulness of the IDE is greatly reduced.  Hope someone has a solution.

Running on Windows 10, Builder is installed in C:\ColdFusionBuilder2018 and I find the dictionaries in C:\ColdFusionBuilder2018\plugins\com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.dictionary_3.2.0.201806251752 and dictionary_3.2.1.201902041055.

Thanks,

Rick

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file dictionary_3.2.1.201902041055 doing there? I too have CFBuilder2018 but I don't have that file.

What about doing the following test. Stop CFBuilder. Remove that file.

Restart CFBuilder2018. Navigate to the menu Window => Preferences => ColdFusion => Profiles => Editor => Code Assist

Select the Dictionary Version ColdFusion 2018.

Click on Reload Dictionaries.

Select the Code-Assist options.

Then on Apply and Close.

Open a CFM page. Type < . Does code assist work now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply.

I can't find one of the files I listed above, com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.dictionary_3.2.0.201806251752.  Don't know if I'm going crazy, couldn't even find it with a search.  All of the dictionary files close with 201902041055.  I think 2019-02-04 is the date I installed the software.

I first renamed the ColdFusion.dictionary_3.2.1201902041055, then followed instructions to restart, reload the dictionaries from the preferences page and the test.  Behavior was the same, i.e. typing "<" caused html code assist to pop up but typing "cf" did not cause ColdFusion tag help to appear.

I then moved the file to a new folder but accidentally moved the HTML dictionary instead.  After restart I typed "<" but no code assist appeared.  Typing "cf" did not cause code assist to appear.  Reviewing my action I returned the HTML dictionary to the plugins directory and moved the ColdFusion dictionary to a file outside the ColdFusion installation.  I then restarted but the restart failed.  The log said the required ColdFusion dictionary file was missing, so I returned it to the directory and restarted successfully.  The Code Assist now failed to work at all.  Typing "<" caused nothing to happen.

Finally I saw notes in Code Assist saying to set dictionaries for new projects here and to change the settings in existing project to set dictionary for existing project.  I went to the Project/Properties/settings/ColdFusion Project.  The CFML Dictionary Version was showing ColdFusion 2018.  I changed it to ColdFusion 2011, appropriate for my project, and Applied and Closed the popup window.

Following the last change Code Assist has changed.  Now typing "<" causes ColdFusion code assist to pop up with CF tags.  Putting the cursor in a CF tag and typing space bar causes code assist to open with parameters assistance.   Code Assist now seems to work as it should but HTML help doesn't pop up after entering "<" as I was used to in ColdFusion Builder 2 and before these efforts. 

Entering an <H1> tag, for example, causes the closing tag to be entered automatically.  But placing the cursor in an HTML tag, such as the anchor tag, and entering a space does not bring up HTML code assistance.  I fear I have activated the very important CFML Code Assist but have disabled HTML code assist in the process.

-Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, is it an idea to uninstall, delete all files and then re-install CFBuilder2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation