Highlighted

BULK INSERT failing-Can't find the file

Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some code that takes a CSV and BULK INSERTS it into an MS SQL database.

This is on Windows Server 2017. MS SQL 2017. CF 2016. SQL Server is separate from the CF server and connected with an internal 192.x.x.x. IP

The code works perfectly on my local development box, but when I run it on the server the CFQUERY BULK INSERT fails, 'the system can not find the path specified'

The file is there, I've also tried multiple locations. I can only presume this is a permissions issue. (CF is running on it's own user account with admin rights).

I'm somewhat stuck. I presume all of the permissions are made by CF?

Update:

Resolved. I was using the wrong password for the CF account

Solution: Create the same user account on the SQL box that is used for CF to run under, and then write to \\SQLServerIPS\c\ . I was using the wrong password, problem resolved.

I was looking to mark it as correct but could find an option, I guess the initial post can't be the right answer which makes sense.

Reposted below

Solution: Create the same user account on the SQL box that is used for CF to run under, and then write to \\SQLServerIPS\c\ . I was using the wrong password, problem resolved.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

BULK INSERT failing-Can't find the file

Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some code that takes a CSV and BULK INSERTS it into an MS SQL database.

This is on Windows Server 2017. MS SQL 2017. CF 2016. SQL Server is separate from the CF server and connected with an internal 192.x.x.x. IP

The code works perfectly on my local development box, but when I run it on the server the CFQUERY BULK INSERT fails, 'the system can not find the path specified'

The file is there, I've also tried multiple locations. I can only presume this is a permissions issue. (CF is running on it's own user account with admin rights).

I'm somewhat stuck. I presume all of the permissions are made by CF?

Update:

I was looking to mark it as correct but could find an option, I guess the initial post can't be the right answer which makes sense.

Reposted below

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy the answer to a new post and mark the ticket as correctly answered. It will help someone else in future.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposted below

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019 1