• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculations in form

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am setting up a simple form that will do some calculations to determine the price of something that we are going to cut and sell. First, the user will choose a part number. Then they will type in the dimensions they want in the X_mm and Y_mm boxes. I have a formula in Excel that has other factors for determining the price for the part chosen. There is the cost of the item, the cutting cost we are charging and some other factor. The formula looks like this in Excel: =((E3/(ROUNDDOWN(50/B5, 0)*ROUNDDOWN(50/B6,0)))+E4)*E5

I'm just wondering if I should do this calculation in Cold Fusion or SQL server management studio. We do not want the user to be able to see the formula either. Which way would be easier?

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just wondering if I should do this calculation in Cold Fusion or

SQL server management studio. We do not want the user to be able to

see the formula either. Which way would be easier?

If you don't want the user to see the formula you have to send the

parameters to the server and calculate it there. I would use jQuery to

catch change and keypress events and send the parameters via ajax to the

server and display the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. How do you send the parameters to the server and calculate everything there? I don't know how to use jQuery or ajax. Do you have an example I could look at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation