Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calculations using forms

Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've got a simple Excel spreadsheet that allows user input to produce 15 or so cells with calculated values. The idea is to let a user change one or more values to see what impact those changes would make on the outputs. I can create the form to gather all the input. What I'd like is your thoughts on how to perform the calculations and display them. FWIW, all the input and display cells in Excel are named, and I would use the same names as vars in my CFML. Here's the inputs:

John_Allred_0-1608480805189.png

The formulas are lengthy, because of the length of the names, but they use simple arithmetic. For instance, like: 

Average Income Per Hour  =Avg_Del_Inc_Ttl/(Hours_Per_Shift*Delivery_Percent_Time)

I have some study to do. I'm just uncertain which path will get me to where I want to go. Do I need to employ cfscript?  Or can I just do the math on new variables whose values I pull from the form field values and other previously calculated variables?

Not looking to have my code tweaked. I'm just looking for advice on the approach you might use—how you'd explain it at a high level.

Thanks!
John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a question. Why would you need a form for input? After all, ColdFusion can read the data off of an Excel sheet. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation